52. Howler

Fifth Year:

"W-what are you doing?"

She whispered Accio to her wand, which already had red light on the tip of it,  and smiled. A red envelope flew down from one of the castle's window, and Sarah caught it with one hand. "Oh, nothing important." She placed the tip of her wand inside the red envelope and waited for a while.

"Mhmm, yeah. That sentence is giving me trust issues right now." I tried getting the envelope but she stepped away and took out the tip of her wand out of it.

"This, Wood, is a Howler. I'm sure you've heard of it before." 

I froze and looked at the envelope in her hand.

"With this Howler, right here, I am using my wand to transfer your-"

I reached for my back pocket but remembered my hair was in a bun with it, she realized what I was trying to do, so she used hers before mine and my wand flew away, making my hair fall down.

The Howler closed itself and flew away.

"Sarah, Sarah . Where is it going? What did you put in it?"

"You never asked me what I was doing out in the garden, when I'm suppose to be in class." She shrugged and grinned. "I had a project to finish. I am recording different creature sounds for..."

My eyes watched the Howler go in to the castle from a random window.

"And I was also recording you. So that my -enemy in the past, not anymore- friend, I sent a Howler to your Potter."

"No! Why did you do that? What if he-"

"What?"

I didn't plan the rest of my sentence.

"Nothing. See? It will be just fine ."

I walked over to my wand, which was on the floor, and put it back to my pocket.

"Here," she threw me a small hairgrip.

I quickly pulled my hair in a ponytail and looked at the window Howler just disappeared. 

"What are you waiting for? An invitation? Gee, I thought you were a Gryffindor."

"I-"

I'm starting to get annoyed at myself. I don't have any reason to not to go. 

"I'll catch you later then. Still gotta finish the project." The tip of her wand turned red again and she left me alone.

I looked behind her, than looked at the window, then to the castle, before looking back at her.

"What more can I lose at this point?" I muttered to myself and started walking towards the castle, taking big steps.

The corridors were still empty, and you were able to hear the professors teaching behind the classroom doors.

I asked the Fat Lady if James was inside and she said no, so I ran back to the Great Hall.

I pushed the giant doors open and looked inside.

All four houses tables were empty, no one was in here.

Except a brown haired boy sitting on a Gryffindor table instead of the benches. 

He was holding a red envelope -Oh God- and was looking down at it.

With the door closing back behind me, he looked over at me and raised his eyebrows in surprise.

With no one else around, the room fell silent. He stared at me, and I looked at the envelope in his hand.

I was trying to see if the letter was opened yet, but realized that I didn't care about that anymore.

I inhaled and looked at him in the eye. "What you said to me really hurt."

His body seemed frozen, as if he wasn't even breathing.

"I'm trying to stay mad at you, for not listening to me even though I had a good explanation about everything that happened. But I don't think I can take this any longer." I swallowed and gave a quick glance at the envelope.

"I..."

There it goes.

"You are an asshole."

Never mind, wrong alert.

He jumped down from the table, holding the open Howler while walking towards me.

"I'm sorry."

I didn't hear that bloody voice for days because of his stubborn ass.

I had so many complaining to do but I didn't know which one to start with.

He stopped right in front of me. "You didn't say it back, I-"

I cut him off with anger. "I swear if I- James Sirius Potter, I love you."

He got angry for me getting angry- I know, weird.

"I love you too!" He yelled.

"Good!"

"Great!"

"Awesome!"

He sighed and took a step forward, holding my face and pulling me in for a kiss.

I relaxed and put my arms on his shoulders.

I am still mad at him after everything that happened. Not listening to me, telling me he hates me... But I can deal with that later. I just really missed him.

I opened my eyes and pulled away, but he stopped me.

"Wait don't pull away... Not yet"

He gave me a hug, resting his head on my neck.

I'm not much of a... hugger.

But I do feel relaxed when it's with him. So I let him hug me.

He pulled away.

"So... why did I get this Howler from Sarah Blossom again?"

A/N: I keep hating my own chapters. Anyway...