Chapter 9

"Welcome home." I told the kids. The older ones raced into the big building. The toddlers and babies were carried by us. I had a baby strapped to my back and one strapped to my front, and I carried another. I took them to their room and placed them in the care of the keepers.

"Oh these are the sweetest little babies ever!" One of them, who I hired, said. Her name was Caroline.

"Yeah, they really are." I said.

"You probably need to get home and rest. You looked fucked up." Another one said. Her name was Tasha.

"Yeah I feel like shit." I laughed. I was visibly tired. But not only that, I had so many injuries from fighting it wasn't funny. Every place we went there were people ready to take the kids and try to traffic them. I was covered in bruises and cuts. I even had a bullet wound on my arm from getting shot. I was covered in dirt and my clothes were torn.

"Come on, we got the babies. Just go home." Caroline said. I nodded.

"Thanks, guys." I said. I walked out of the building and got on a four wheeler to travel to my house. The building was on our land, so we were pretty close. It took everything in me to get home. When I finally did, I trudged up the stairs and went to my room. I screamed when I saw a person in my bed. Ariana sat up and screamed.

"Y/N?" She asked.

"Ariana?" I asked. She got out of the bed as fast as she could and ran to me. She hugged me tightly, and I winced.

"Oh my God. What happened to you? Are you hurt? Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? I've been crying non stop. I was so scared you wouldn't come back." She cried.

"I'm fine, okay? I just need to shower and sleep for a good week." I said.

"Sit down. I'm gonna run you a bath." Ariana told me.

"You don't have to." I said.

"No, I want to. Just sit down and take your clothes off." She said. I nodded and began stripping as she ran the water. When it was done she called me in. I slowly made my way to the bathroom. I was literally aching with pain. I got in the tub and sat down. I sighed at the feeling.

Ariana grabbed my face and looked at me. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. "Hi, baby." She said.

"Hi, Ariana." I said. She hummed 'All Night' by Beyoncé as she bathed me. I looked at her in the eyes. "I really care about you."

"I really care about you too." She said scrubbing my back.

"No, I really really care about you." I said.

"I do too, Y/N. Do you see me washing you right now?" She chuckled.

"You don't get it. I really really really care about you." I told her. She stopped what she was doing.

"Do you love me?" She asked.

"What? Huh? Me? No! Why would you even say that? You're my best friend in the whole world who I have sex with. That's it." I said. She hummed and continued to scrub.

"It sounds like you love me but whatever." Ariana said.

"No you're married. And you know I don't love people." I said. She smiled.

"Okay." She said.

"What? Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just don't believe you." She laughed.

"Well you should." I said.

"Okay." She said. I slapped some of the water on her. She gasped and splashed some back at me. I grabbed her and pulled her in the tub with me. "Y/N!"