Chapter 42: What You Do to Me

Tara walked into blackness. She heard sounds of wailing and screams of pain, her heart thudded wildly inside her chest, ready to burst out at least provocation - beads of sweat trickled down her face, she wanted to scream, shout for help but she was suddenly rendered voiceless. And then a face appeared in the darkness...Jake! He walked to her and opened his arms wide to offer protection. She began to run to him and then noticed his sparkly white shirt drenched in maroon-black blood...
Tara woke up screaming in the middle of the night. Ian, who was fast asleep next to her, woke up with a jerk and immediately engulfed her in his embrace, "Tara, it's ok. I am right here. You are ok. Everything's fine."
Tara trembled violently in Ian's arms, Ian stroked her back and inquired, "Did you have a bad dream?"
Tara nodded as she tried to steady her breathing. Ian had her in his soothing embrace. Slowly, her heart began to steady its pace and her breaths started becoming even. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she looked at the blue ones that were the night sky in a calm sea. "Ian...I saw Jake."
Ian reached out and caressed her face with the back of his hand, "It was a dream, sweetheart. You are safe. You are with me."
Tara bent her head into his shoulder and Ian began massaging her back.
"Ian...it was terrifying! All I saw around me was darkness...and then I saw Jake...and he was...dead!"
Ian kissed her cheek, "Don't think about it. It's over. You are fine. I won't let anything happen to you, Tara."
The clock showed the hour of one in the night. Tara dissapointingly realized that they had only slept for an hour and a half - her scream had woken Ian up from his peaceful slumber. She felt guilty for having disturbed him. "Can I bring you a glass of milk?"
Ian looked at her, faintly amused, "Shouldn't I be bringing you one? You are having difficulty sleeping."
"I woke you up in the middle of the night. You were exhausted when you went to sleep." Tara remarked in guilt.
"I am fine, Tara. Sleep comes easy to me! I'll go get you milk."
"I would like to come with you...I am still a bit shaken...."
Ian got off the bed and grabbed his underpants from a heap of his clothing on the floor and put them on. Tara followed him down the bed, took his shirt from the aforementioned heap and put it on herself. She then got in step with him and headed to the kitchen. Tara sat on one of the kitchen stools next to the black and white, marble kitchen island as Ian opened the fridge to retrieve a milk carton.
"I will also have a mug!" Remarked Ian removing two white coffee mugs from a sleek, touch-to-open cabinet. Ian poured the milk into a pan and warmed it over the stove and poured it in both mugs. He slid Tara's mug across the counter to her. The intimacy of the setting wasn't lost on Tara. The faintly lit kitchen - the affection in the simple gesture of giving her a glass of milk, warmed Tara's heart. Ian was a deeply caring man, she realized. She had been pretty self-sufficient all her life but it felt so good to be taken care of by someone; a someone one had grown to admire very much.
"What are you thinking?" Ian inquired in reverential curiosity.
Tara decided to be honest, "I love the fact that you take care of me. You were caring even when I was with Jake...."
"My reasons were selfish." Ian looked at her with a look in his eyes that told her that she knew why he cared even back then.
"How long have you?..." Tara began to ask him.
"How long have I had a thing for you?" Ian helped her.
"Yes!" She admitted.
"I haven't been able to get you out of my mind from the moment I laid eyes on you!"
Tara reddened. How could he make everything he said so sexy and thrilling and arousing? His thick english accent and the tone of his voice, made her stutter, "W...why didn't you...do something about it...sooner?"
"When I met you, Jake had already asked for your number and I thought I would be rid of thoughts of you soon but that didn't happen."
"What does someone do when things don't go according to plan?"
"That someone burns in silence and agony."
What Ian said, astounded Tara. He had suffered...because of her. Tara had never imagined that a man could hold her in such importance.
"You can't believe how awful it is. To know that what you desire is in front of you and yet so out of your reach. To know that all you can offer is friendship when you want to offer so much more. When all you can do is talk but you want to hold, kiss...fuck."
Tara flushed from head to toe and she felt wet between her legs.
Ian didn't move an inch as he continued to relate his suffering, "You don't know, Tara. You have no idea. I have woken up in the nights, yearning for you with a desire that clawed at my insides. Wanting you and not having you was...perpetual hell!"
Tara took deep breaths.
"And then to stoke the fire...Jake sent me to pick up the file while you lay asleep in the bedroom. Do you think a man who finds himself banished to eternal damnation wouldn't want a sip from the sweet spring of ecstasy?!"
Tara felt herself weak in the knees.
"I couldn't deny myself that respite. I am not the powerful."
Tara took in the longing on his face.
"I remember I just wanted to look at you before I left but you know what you were wearing? Red lace thong. And a soft white t-shirt. Your face was soft innocence. Your lips...parted down the middle."
Tara unconsciously parted her lips.
"I couldn't help myself then and I can't help myself right now." Saying that Ian jumped Tara and grabbed her in a fiery kiss; her head reeled back due to intense pressure as Ian's lips landed on hers. Ian grabbed Tara to balance her; he put an arm around her back and his other hand went around her head. Tara encircled her arms around his neck and they kissed. Ian burnt her lips with his hot mouth, his lips slid over hers with hunger and fiery passion. The kiss was pure insatiable lust. He slid his tongue over her lips, cajoling her and forcing them to part, and as they did, his tongue entwined with her. Jolting impulses travelled up and down her being as she experienced pleasures she had never known before and then her knees buckled. Ian's smiled against her mouth when this happened and lifted her up with the single arm around her back. He kept the other arm on her head for support as he continued kissing her. He sat her up on the kitchen counter and then kissed her some more. Her lips, her eyes, her face. He nibbled at her ears and kissed her neck. Then he kissed her shoulders where they met her arms. He took a hold of her right arm, kissed it up and down and then he kissed the palm of her hand. By this point, Tara's mind had become jelly. She couldn't comprehend anything besides the insistent mouth on her. She felt ready to pass out with pleasure as Ian unhooked the three buttons she had carelessly closed on his shirt when she had worn it.
"You know," he said as he unhooked the last of the buttons, "guys find it really sexy when a woman wears their shirt. It makes them feel like they are they are touching them without having lifted a finger. What was on me, is on you now...touching you in all the right places before I touch you with my hands!"
The button came off and Ian slowly pulled his shirt off Tara's shoulders and as the shirt slid down her arms, Ian's hands caressed the length of them. Tara closed her eyes in pleasure and anticipation.
"Do you know what you are, Tara? You are my obsession! I want you, like I have wanted no one. You have no idea the kind of power you hold over me. I am yours. Do what you will. I am just letting you know I am yours for the taking."
Tara felt an animalistic energy searing through her veins. She grabbed Ian's hands at her sides and gently straightened them near his waist. She pulled him closer at the waist. Ian face was a picture of utter fascination. His eyes were pools of desire as Tara brought her lips to his neck and kissed him; she lingered at his neck placing hot kisses along the length of it. She kissed Ian's chest muscles then. His broad and sculpted front flexed as Tara blew wild kisses over his upper abs and then daringly kissed his nipple; Ian's hand shot up and grabbed her hair at the back of her head in a powerful grip. Tara could see that he liked that - a lot. She then sunk lower till she kissed his belly button. She began to remove his underpants which had become insanely tight due to his bulge. Ian yanked her up by pulling at her hair, "As much as I would enjoy you going down on me, I really wanna be inside you right now. I want to see you go sexy, hot and wild in my arms." And as he said this he forced her legs apart, removed his briefs and plunged into her. Tara tilted her head back due to the force of his thrust and screamed in pleasure as he took her again and again over the kitchen island. Her sighs of pleasure were loud and erotic. An insane rhythm was forming inside her slowly escalating to new heights of pleasure. Ian drove into her hard and fast as she orgasmed with a painful shudder and then Ian drove into her one more time and shuddered in release.

Tara rested her head on Ian's arm; they both stared up at the ceiling; Ian told Tara about his life. He told her about his past... about the untimely demise of his parents. He told her of being a hellraiser; he talked of a not so irreproachable youth and he talked of the darkness, his darkness, that encompassed him following the death of his parents, and also of the recklessness that was a constant friend. He told her he could spiral down into blackness in the face of sorrow. It had happened after his parents; it had happened when he had seen Jake's corpse. They talked for hours. Tara also related to him her successes and disappointments. She talked of her past relationships, she even talked of Jake. She talked to him about her student life, her business, her family.
It was seven in the morning when they heard the doorbell ring.
Ian looked at the time, "Did we just talk through the entire night?"
Tara smiled at him but didn't say anything.
"Let me see who is at the door." Ian remarked, getting off the bed.
When Ian came back to Tara, he held a parcel in his hands, his expression was ominous, "The courier said it was an urgent package, hence the early hour delivery."
He showed it to her then, to Tara's disblief the package was in her name. She checked the address then - it was Ian's.
Why would someone send something to her here? Nobody knew she was staying with Ian. She hadn't even told her parents or Rachel yet.
Tara reluctantly broke the seal. They both gave each other an apprehensive look. When Tara opened the package and looked inside, she realized her fear had not been unfounded.