Chapter One: Mi Dispiace

Ciao!!!!!!

Kiss de La Notte is a standalone novel in the Vendetta series and will be New Adult maturity. You do not need to read Omertà or Borgata to read ahead. :)

I hope you guys love this story! Please take some time to support my writing by voting, leaving comments, and sharing this story with your friends! Thank you! :)

**

The Devil found me in the dark that night.

Slouched on my bed, I mindlessly scrolled through Instagram and popped my fifth puntini fruitti assortiti bag of jujube candy into my mouth, before clicking on what felt like the millionth post of my best friends and their exciting drunken adventures in Bora Bora.

The highly anticipated seven-day vacation I was supposed to be on with them.

I was happy for them. Really, I was. I loved each of them to death, too. But that didn't stop the bitter jealousy inside me. That could have been me, soaking in the tropical sun and swimming in the clearest, bluest water. That could have been me, getting loaded on cocktails and hooking up with hot foreign guys on vacationer tours.

At least, that's my fantasy my best friend Bianca was actually somehow living in reality right now, according to her many snap chats. Two days into the trip, she'd met a sizzling hot guy, Marceau Desrosiers.

I could not even make his name up.

You know a man's beautiful for no damn reason when you have trouble pronouncing his name right, I texted Bianca, after she spammed me with snap chats about him.

Please understand, only you are my only TRUE LUV, mua, mua, Bianca rapidly texted me, clearly quite a few drinks in for the day. But BB...Marceau is legit from France. And he's twenty-seven...

Ooooh la la, an older mans, I texted back with a smile. One of the many houses Bianca's parents owned was in France and it was one of her favorite places, so I knew she was freaking out about this French guy. Bianca's parents were loaded. Her family comes from old money and her whole family is set for life. At least their money came from a genuine, legal place. It was a lot more than I could say about my family's money.

Living my best, BB, she sent me with a bunch of eggplant emojis. He's AH-mazing in bed. Honey. HONEY...

I laughed out loud as I jokingly texted back, Husband? Is that YEW??!!

Stop, I'm DEAD, she texted. This ship is going to sink like the Titanic. We both know it.

Ride it all the way down, Rose, I replied with a snicker. If you need me, I'll be getting hot and heavy with these overpriced textbooks in asynchronized classes the rest of fall semester and all of winter break!! WAHOOOOOOOO.

Bianca sent a bunch of laughing emojis and linked her new boo thang's social media. It was simply my obligation as her best friend to thoroughly investigate his socials.

"Holy shit," I muttered, scrolling through the link to Frenchy man's Instagram profile. He was absolutely Gorgeous. With a capital G.

I gave an audible sigh, cuddling my stuffed yellow duck to my side. My entire bed was currently blanketed in open binders and textbooks, and I didn't even want to count how many tabs were open on my computer for an assignment I had to write.

This sucked.

But I weighed the risks. After taking three whole semesters off from college, due to issues with my father's business, I had a lot of catching up to do to catch up with my degree audit credits. My dream job, although seeming more and more unattainable, was to be a licensed therapist and own my own practice.