29

"EASY!" screamed Mei as she clapped her hands in glee.

"How." spoke Corpse in awe

"Beginners luck." mumbled Karl under his breath.

"Can we do the basketball one now?" asked Mei excitedly, she loved going to the arcade.

"Sure." replied Corpse swiftly as they kneeled down slightly to swipe their cards.

"Among us." blurted out Mei as Corpse laughed at the reference.

"Card swipe, clever." spoke Karl sarcastically, coming from behind them.

"I am quite clever." agreed Mei, the game started. They started to try and shoot the basketballs into the net. Mei barely missed her shots and so did Corpse. It was a close round since they were both skilled at basic coordination. But Corpse ended up winning with one point higher than hers.

"WOOO!" cheered Karl

"How?" groaned Mei "That's a glitch or something because we scored the same number of times."

"Wow! You're making excuses I never thought you were this kind of person." mocked Karl

"Just admit that I'm better." chuckled Corpse

"Sore loser." spoke Karl as he stretched out his arm towards Mei and made the L letter with his pointer finger and thumb. Mei slapped his hand away and sent a glare at him.

"What? You want to give it a go, Karl?" asked Mei in a fierce tone as Karl shrugged confidently.

"Why not." replied Karl with a smirk on his lips. He shook his head, his light brown hair flying to the side of his forehead. He made his way to where Corpse had been as Corpse moved. Karl inter-whined his own fingers before cracking them dramatically.

"You're so annoying." laughed Mei while she watched him. They swiped their cards as a new game began.

At first, they were neck to neck until Mei's eyes travelled to the side. A familiar voice. Her heart stopped as she heard the taunting voice of someone she used to know.

"Mei?" asked Corpse

Pausing for a few seconds before turning her attention back onto the basketballs. She bit into the side of her lip, begging that he'd go away.

Karl glanced at Mei after noticing that his points were higher than hers. He saw that a frown had rested on her lips as she continued to throw. Corpse too had taken notice of her sudden mood change.

The game soon ended with Karl winning.

"Oh." blurted out Mei as she put on a smile."I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was." shrugged Mei with a chuckle

"Mei? Are you okay? You-" started Corpse

"Mei? Is that you?" asked a voice that Mei grew to hate more and more every-time she heard it. She held her breath for a second before relaxing again. Mei turned around with a friendly smile.

"Oh. Hi, Reed." greeted Mei, keeping her expression the same.

"Hey. You look different." spoke Reed