46 | Jade

"Shit, shit, shit

               "Shit, shit, shit."

               I pressed the elevator button repeatedly, rushing the doors to close. I was running behind for the photoshoot Cairo and me have today for our lounge because I had a private meeting with Michael Kyser about signing to another label. I felt the elevator was moving slow as if it knew I was in a hurry. Once it stopped on the floor and doors opened I moved off with urgent haste and everyone was there waiting.

               Aissa was first to notice me. "You're late honey."

               I had to think of a quick lie. "Yeah. I dropped off cookies to Margo's school. I almost forgot."

               "Mmhm. Let's get you in hair and make-up. Cairo's already here."

               I took a deep breath, following behind her to the dressing room. Cairo was in there already, smoking and getting his hair cut by his barber Knox and holding a handheld mirror. He must've heard the door, because he looked at me through the mirror.

 He must've heard the door, because he looked at me through the mirror

               "Why you late?" His baritone voice asked me.

               "Cookies. I took cookies to Margo's class. I had to bake 'em and everything." I kept up with the lie.

               Cairo's gaze was frightening, making me swallow hard. "Go get dressed. We already over schedule."

               "Yeah. Sorry." I went over to Aissa by the rack of outfits and shoes, noticing the people missing, "Where is my glam squad?"

               "Actually, you have a new squad." Aissa walked me over to two people I didn't know, "Cairo hired them. This is your new hairstylist Blu and make-up Aniston. They are going to beautify you this afternoon."