C h a p t e r 12

Chapter 12 : MadelynSunday, July 18th, 2021( 9:40 pm )

Sunday, July 18th, 2021
( 9:40 pm )

They know what I did.

They know I was standing behind those shelves, and they know I was there to witness each and every dirty detail of what happened next.

To my surprise, however, they didn't seem to mind. Not one single bit.

Xavier called out my lie so blatantly and while I'm embarrassed about it, I'm also too exhausted to worry right now.

Thankfully, there's only thirty minutes left, give or take a few. All I have left is to shoot the fireworks, pack my stuff, and say goodbye.

Sounds simple, right?

On a normal night it would be, but this shoot has been anything but normal.

With Xavier close behind me, and Alec, Caleb, and Hailey elsewhere, it's fair to say my attention is a bit preoccupied and my focus is limited.

My brain physically hurts from all I've learned today, including the fact that I'm now employed at the most exclusive nightclub in the world.

I would never admit it to them, but their "offer" just happened to be exactly what I needed right now.

I've had to cut into a lot of my savings to afford my private investigator, along with the hotel fees. Now, I'm starting to run low.

I really need to find an actual place to stay, the sooner the better at this point.

I make a mental note to start looking first thing tomorrow, but right now, I just need to get today done and over with.

Since it's now dark out, I once again had to readjust my camera settings, but that really didn't take long.

With my camera ready and connected to my tripod, I chose to take a break and eat the large arrangement of food Xavier brought for me.

At first I thought it might have been poisoned, but the truth is that food is exactly what I needed right now. I'm seriously starving from skipping dinner.

While the food might have been at Carter's command, it still took me by surprise that Xavier willingly delivered it.

The three of them are screwing with my head, and to be completely honest, I don't know what to make of it.

While there are still a lot of questions I need to ask them, after our conversation, I no longer think they're a huge threat to me.

If they wanted to kill me, they would have done it by now, and most certainly wouldn't have wasted their time asking about my arm if they were planning on having me dead anyway.

That of course then leads to the issue of me telling them about my panic attacks.

I don't know why I did, but something about them made me feel the need to open up. It was surprisingly easy to do so.