Chapter 2: New Beginnings

[15 years had passed since that fateful night]

"Hey Asta! Watch where your going with that!", came a voice from inside the church as Asta came tumbling down the stairs with a pile of clothes in tow. Right before the clothes hit the ground, they were stopped midair, engulfed by a gust of wind. The clothes then floated towards a basket and landed gently inside it. You look up to see Yuno, who is floating in the sky with the help of his wind magic. "You should've been more careful with those newly washed clothes" Yuno said as he descended back onto the ground. "I was gonna catch them if you didn't interfere", Asta replied.
"No you weren't", said Yuno.
"I so was!", Asta shouted back.
"That's enough!" said a woman in a black dress and veil. "Oh! Sister Lily!", shouted Asta as he got onto one knee. "Marry me Sister Li-", BAM. A large fist made of water had smacked Asta on his head. Sister Lily closes her grimoire. "Sister Lily is a woman of the cloth and therefore can't marry anyone", you say.
"Yeah yeah, you guys keep saying that but it won't make me give up. I'll become the next Wizard King and then I know you'll want to marry me, Sister Lily", says Asta. Sister Lily couldn't help but smile at this remark. "You? Become the next Wizard King? How do you except to that without magic?", said Nash as he walked out the church to join the group. "We'll erm..." replied Asta, "I'm just a late bloomer, that's all. Just wait till' I get my grimoire!" Exclaimed Asta. Nash laughed, alongside the other kids at the church. "I'll prove you all wrong, you'll all see!" Shouted Asta. "C'mon y/n, let's go train". You stand up reluctantly and sigh. "Please make sure he behaves", Sister Lily says.
"Yeah yeah, don't worry about that", you reply. You quickly chase after Asta. "What are you guys, the magicless club!?" Nash screams. You look back and stick your tongue out at Nash and quickly make your way over to Asta.

[Deep inside the woods]
"Alright y/n, start throwing them" says Asta.
You pick up a rock.

"Alright then, get ready!", you shout

"Alright then, get ready!", you shout. Asta braces himself with with a log, ready to hit the incoming rocks. You throw the rock with all your strength and Asta hits it with the log. You both watch as the rock flies in the air, eventually hitting the large demon scull at the top of the hill. "Woohoo!", screams Asta, "New personal best". Asta jumps around, celebrating his achievement while you watch. "Why aren't you celebrating?" Asks Asta.
"Why would I be, I didn't do anything", you reply.
"Awh don't be such a debby downer", says Asta.
You begin to think for a while then ask "What do we even do all this training for?" Without any hesitation, Asta replies "Well because we're weak and have no magic at all."
"Speak for yourself", you say.
"You know it's true though", Asta replied. Asta then begins to remove his shirt, which reveals the muscles he's been working on for the past couple years. "See, no one else works as hard as us. These muscles are proof of that", Asta explains. Asta then glances at you and slowly approaches, ready to strip your shirt too. "Alright, I get it. Could you please step away from me", you say as you begin to step back. Asta laughs and comes in for a fist bump. You two fist bump as you both get ready for today's training and exercise. You both train for hours and eventually make your way back to the church all ragged up dirty. You both clean up and get ready for dinner. You and Yuno help lay the table and dishes. Everyone comes in for a nice, hot meal of pot potatoes. After the meal everyone gets ready for bed. "Tomorrow is the grimoire ceremony boys", the priest says mainly looking at Yuno. Asta seems pumped as usual, and Yuno was the polar opposite. "You can't change the inevitable" you says to yourself. You already know that you and Asta aren't getting anything tomorrow, but nonetheless, you don't say anything to Asta. You'll let him be happy all he wants. You rummage through your draw for a little while and find your picture book. You open the first page and just look at some of your favourite pictures from it. The one you were looking at in particular had a couple hand signs on it, accompanied by a picture of a flame. "Fire ball jutsu" it said. You always wondered what that was. "Those hand signs look doable", you say to yourself. You stand up and begin to form the hand signs.