Part 69: Secret revealed

Onii-sama stared curiously at me while waiting for my answer. 

I gulped at his eyes while my mind quickly summarised the things I was about to say. 

I was going to spit out the truth and make it clear I wasn't his real sister to remove any guilt he will have in the future. 

It made me sad that the original Onii-sama probably mulled over it depressingly when Roselyn was bullying the one he loved. 

It made my heart ache even more when the one in the game felt terribly sad and guilty when Roselyn died, but Ivy's presence repaired that hole in his heart. 

Roselyn didn't think much of her brother as anything much, but Andrew Villinie still held dearly onto the fact that they came from the same parents and that he'd watch this sister of his from birth.

I didn't think of him as a game character with a role anymore, but as a human being. 

Which was why I was going to make it so he doesn't feel guilty and become depressed. 

What if Ivy doesn't respond to his feelings, who will save him from the abyss of sorrow?

Ivy obviously went for the big fish here, and it would pain me to see Onii-sama's sad face as he chooses between his 'sister' and the one he cherishes. 

I didn't care about what happened to Ivy, but Onii-sama didn't deserve to suffer like this. 

If he knew that I was just a parasite that invaded his sister's body, then he wouldn't have so much conscience and the later guilt on this matter. 

I indulged in his kindness and indulged in the pleasure of being loved, but that much was enough for me to remember for a lifetime. 

Perhaps it was because nobody cared for me like this in my last life that I cherished Onii-sama so much, so I decided to repay the favour by making his guilt lighter. 

And it felt nice to finally have the chance to tell him the truth. 

I've always felt that our relationship was unable to breath because I was always hiding this fact from him, a guilt of my own. 

I was in the role of his 'sister', but I didn't deserve any of his sibling affection as someone who only intruded into her body. 

"Onii-sama..." 'So I still call him by that name, something I got from my former world...', "The truth is, I'm not your sister." 

He forced a smile but was obviously confused at this. 

"You're...not my sister? What do you mean by that? Roselyn, you're not an illegitimate child. I saw you grow in Mother's belly myself." 

"No, it's not that. You see, I come from another world...think of it as a complete different dimension...and I actually don't belong here. I just took hold of this body, that's all." 

I was expecting either a revolted glare or more confusion on his face, but instead he just stared thoughtfully at me. 

"......." 

I dared not to speak under this gaze, but I could feel cold sweat on my forehead as the silence became almost overbearing. 

"Roselyn, you're still my sister, aren't you? Even if you've possessed this body....you've still been with me since you were born, right?" 

I was stunned by his conjecture and that he was so confident that I didn't over take this body anytime when it was still a child to a teenager. 

But this was Onii-sama; he had watched me over since I was a baby.