Stay Alive | Part 2

Anakin stood up from the chair, not caring who saw how broken he was. Ahsoka stood outside, a hopeful look managing to cling onto her face.

Maybe, just maybe, Padmé would be alright?

Yet she feared the worst. She'd felt the fire raging and rain storming in Anakin. What little hope she still retained was dashed. Shattered.

He'd bade her goodbye.

He'd said, "Best of wives, and best of women."

Her heart gave a violent lurch, twisting sickeningly in her chest.

But she had to stay strong. If not for Anakin, if not for herself, for Luke and Leia.

***

Hours had gone by. Countless forms had been filled out, and the Amidalas had been told of their recent, painful loss.

Anakin observed Ahsoka from his peripheral vision, his heart melting as he watched her take care of the twins, making sure they were alright. He couldn't help but think, she would make an excellent mother one day. (A/N: don't worry, no Anisoka will be implied or written at all.) He had offered to take care of the twins, not wanting to burden his second daughter any more. She had declined every time, offering silent reassurance with her understanding smile. It was already more than he could ask for.

"Snips, I-"

She arched an eyebrow carefully.

"Can you... perhaps, if this- if I'm not asking too much of you..."

Anakin looks at his former student pleadingly, begging with her to understand what he was asking.

She did.

Kind, compassionate Ahsoka understood.

"I understand, Skyguy," Ahsoka answered gently. "I'll come back with you and help with the twins."

He had no response to offer. Both gratitude and guilt washed over him like gentle waves lapping on a beach. In response, he placed the smallest of kisses on her forehead. But she knew. She knew him so well.

I love you too, Anakin.

***

Back at the Skywalker apartment, Ahsoka had just put the twins to bed when, a searing pain shot her forehead.

She staggered, hands trembling as she desperately searched for something to grasp onto.

A dark, hellish void began to consume her, greedily snapping her bonds with Light Side users. The Jedi. Her former family.

It takes, and it takes, and it takes...

Distorted screams echoed in her head, each voice belonging to who once had been a dear friend.

Plo Koon.

Luminara Unduli.

Shaak Ti.

Caleb Dume.

But that wasn't all.

History obliterates every picture it paints...

This time, Ahsoka didn't just hear the screaming. She saw it. Mere glimpses of it was enough. More than enough.

It was too much.

Blinding flashes of blue light.

Incessant sounds of angry blaster fire.

Shouts of indifference.

Soldiers in white armour.

Deafening betrayal flared in the Force as the Light presences of Jedi disappeared, one by one.  Powerful. Weak. The elderly. The young. The learners. The Teachers. The younglings.

Gone. All gone, murdered in cold blood without a second thought.

The clones had turned on the Jedi. Their loyalty had changed.

Then, the sound of her commlink rang out, bouncing on the room walls before a large, shimmering hologram appeared on her wrist.

A figure clad in distinct scarlet robes with a large hood covering their wrinkled face grinned tyrannically.

"Good afternoon, citizens of the Galaxy! I come forward to you with a rather startling admission. The Jedi," the figure took a deep, false shaky breath, "have betrayed me." The audience -- what Ahsoka presumed to be the Senate -- gave a unanimous gasp.

"They have betrayed this Republic. They have betrayed you. As your new Emperor, I am pleased to announce that these traitors have been executed ruthlessly, as they deserve. The Jedi will no longer be a threat to the peace and freedom of our new Empire!"

The brainwashed Senators in the room cheered. They cheered for this new dictatorial power, completely unaware of what would come next. Palpatine's pawns on the chessboard had seemed so useless before, but now, they'd come together and revealed themselves, trapping all innocents within.

Ahsoka felt nauseous. The Jedi, no matter how disillusioned she'd become with them, would never commit such a heinous deed.

So this is how liberty dies, she thought wryly as a tear of desperation splashed onto the floor. With thunderous applause.

The Emperor continued, an unhinged smile continuing to slowly spread across their face. "And now, I present a warning. Beware- to all those who did not join me while I gave them the chance," the Sith boomed, "Rest assured I will hunt you down personally. Now, with that addressed, I look forward to working with each and every one of you Imperial Senators!"

More cheering. Hideous, thunderous cheering.

Betrayal had never cut deeper. Palpatine wasn't one to disregard his promises. She knew the sinister warning had been directed specifically towards Anakin to exact his revenge, and it chilled her right to the bone.

Several long years were yet to come.

***

A/N: I feel terrible for basically leaving y'all with no updates, so i cut this part in half. i hope you enjoyed this fluffy, angst-filled chapter.
new chapters coming soon!

also i thought of a name for obi-wan while graphing quadratic functions: behold-
"hokey pokey obi"

may the force be with you!

- jazzy