Chapter fourteen

TW: Fears and mentions of death and torture

As the Trio leaves, Y/N turns her attention to Snape. "So, how is the training session going to work, sir?" she shyly asks.

Snape sighs. "You do not have to call me sir when we are alone. Unless you want to, of course" he says as he raises an eyebrow at her. He then continues. "And it is pretty simple - You will try to attack me with your powers. I will try to attack you as well as you try to block my spells. Think of it as a Wizarding duel" he explains.

Y/N widens her eyes. "I don't want to attack you, Professor Snape" she says, worried that she might accidentally hurt him.

He gives a sarcastic chuckle at that. "Well, you will have to. Unless you do not wish to train your powers?" he questions her while raising an eyebrow.

"Okay. I will try" Y/N finally says as she sighs.

"So, do you have the diamond with you?" Snape then asks. Y/N nods as she takes the glowing diamond out of the pocket in her cloak and shows it to him.

"Good. Rictusempra!" he calmly exclaims while pointing his wand at her. Y/N doesn't react in time and is hit by the spell.

She starts to laugh, uncontrollably, as she holds her sides. "Why- haha, didn't you- hahaha, warn me?" she asks through giggles.

Snape rolls his eyes. "The Dark Lord does not warn his victims before he tortures or kills them" he simply says as he undoes the spell. Y/N finally stops laughing as she slowly calms down.

"Right. Of course. That makes sense. By the way, I would have expected you to use Expelliarmus and not the Tickling Charm" she states, looking confused at him.

Snape just smirks at her. "I was indeed considering that. However, I simply could not turn down the opportunity of tickling you" he admits as Y/N starts blushing at that.

There's a short moment of silence. "Right. Okay, I'm ready" Y/N states, her cheeks still a bit red.

Nodding, Snape starts again. "Rictusempra!" he exclaims. This time, Y/N concentrates as she thinks of blocking the spell. It works.

"Good. Now, try to attack me" he tells her.

Y/N gulps as she once again concentrates. Snape is hit in the chest by a force as he groans and falls to the ground. Gasping, Y/N hurries to his side and helps him up. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you!" she exclaims, feeling bad.

Snape rolls his eyes at her. "This is only good. You caught me by surprise and were able to attack me" he sighs, still a bit surprised that she got him on the floor so easily. Nodding, Y/N helps Snape to sit on his chair by his desk.

"Your performance in Potions class today was quite exquisite, by the way. I am impressed" Snape suddenly admits after he sits down. Y/N is taken aback by his statement. Snape just complimented her.

She gives him a shy smile. "Thank you. Though, I never thought Severus Snape would be complimenting a Gryffindor" she says as she chuckles.

Snape once again rolls his eyes. "You are not a Gryffindor. You are just pretending to be, remember? Besides, I think you would do excellent in Slytherin. However, I could also see you in Hufflepuff" he tells her.

Y/N smiles at that. "Actually, I took a test on something called Pottermore in our dimension. I got Hufflepuff. Even though I fully agree with it, I wanted to be a Slytherin" she admits to him.

Snape raises an eyebrow at her. "Indeed? And why is that?" he questions her curiously.

Y/N's cheeks turn a bright red colour. "W-well, first off, my favourite colour is green. And also, that would make you my Head of House..." she admits as she looks away from him.

Snape smirks at her. He then puts a finger under her chin to make her look at him. "Is that so?" he simply asks. Y/N slowly nods. "Hmm, green would suit you quite well" Snape says as he hums. Y/N's cheeks turn an even brighter colour at that.

They are interrupted as the door is opened without a knock. "Y/N, it's time for Defence Against the Dark Arts" Harry states as he enters.

Snape rises from his chair and takes a few steps away from Y/N. "Your training session is dismissed, Ms. Y/L/N. You did an acceptable job today" he says in his usual monotone voice. Smiling, Y/N thanks Snape as she bows and takes her leave.

Harry looks at Y/N and then at Snape. "What are you looking at, Potter? Go to your class. And next time, you will remember to knock on the door" Snape growls at the Boy Who Lived. Cheeks slightly pink from embarrassment, Harry quickly turns around and starts to leave with Y/N.

As they slowly reach for the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, Harry looks at Y/N. "So, how did the training go?" he questions.

Y/N chuckles a bit. "It went pretty good. I blocked one of his spells and even hit him. He also even complimented my performance in Potions class" she reveals to him.

Harry looks shocked. Snape complimented someone? "Really?" he asks, bewildered.

"Yeah, he even said I would do excellent in Slytherin" she says as she smiles at the thought.

They finally reach the classroom as they enter and sit with Hermione, Ron and Neville. Not long after, Lupin enters as well.

"Hello, class. I hope you all are good. Today we will be reviewing our lessons on Boggarts. Which is why we will be practicing the spell "Riddikulus". You all remember that one, right? Good. Now, follow me" the professor states as he starts walking. Everybody follows Lupin and stands in front of a closet.

"Now, remember. Think of what scares you the most. When you see it in front of you, say "Riddikulus" as you think of a way to make it funny" he explains as the students then form a line.

Y/N gets slightly nervous. She can't use the spell. Lupin senses her concern and approaches her as he gently puts a hand on her shoulder. "Do not worry, Y/N. Just use your powers and think of making the Boggart funny to you" he whispers so only she can hear it. Nodding, Y/N joins the line. In front of her are Neville and Ron.

"Good. Are you ready, Mr. Longbottom?" Lupin gently asks Neville. The boy looks like he could throw up any minute. Nodding, he nervously puts his wand up. Lupin then opens the closet door. Everybody holds their breath. Out of the closet comes Professor Snape, glaring at Neville.

"R-Riddikulus!" Neville says in a small voice, trembling with fear. Snape is suddenly wearing a woman's clothing and a big hat with feathers. Everybody starts laughing. Y/N also can't help but laugh. Snape looks really funny.

"Good. Very good. It suits him. Mr. Weasley, your turn" Lupin gently says. Ron gulps as he prepares himself. Out comes a gigantic spider.

"Riddikulus!" Ron yells in a high-pitched voice. The spider can't keep its balance as it's struggling with now wearing roller skates on its long legs. Everybody once again laughs.

"Very good. Ms. Y/L/N?" Lupin then says, giving her an encouraging smile. Y/N slowly approaches with the wand in her hand. However, she didn't even think of what scares her the most.

If she did, her Boggart would definitely have been to walk down stairs. Yes, that's right. She absolutely hates walking down the stairs. She's always afraid that she might miss a step and fall down to her death. That, and the sound of bees.

As her Boggart enters the room, everybody gives a loud gasp. It's not the stairs nor the bees. It's none other than Lord Voldemort, smiling at Y/N evilly. She can't move. She can't move at all. She can't even blink.

Lupin quickly decides to end it. "Riddikulus!" he yells while pointing his wand at the Boggart. Voldemort suddenly turns into a popping balloon and floats back into the closet aggressively. "Class dismissed" Lupin then slowly states.