November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 3

Everyone fell into a Turkey coma Thursday night. Chris and Daphne both slept through the sunrise. At around 9 am Daphne goes into the living room to see that everyone else is up and dressed. "Don't y'all understand what vacation means? Sleep in people!"
  Ollie comes up behind her and puts his hands on her shoulders. "Can't. Too much to do today. Hazel, are you ready?"  Nodding, Hazel grabs her purse. "We're heading over to the venue now. Around lunch we will go over to the hotel to greet everyone as they come in. We should be back here around four to get ready for the rehearsal dinner," she informs them all. "Basically you're all free until 6 pm."

Upon hearing this news Daphne squeals. "You okay there babe?" Chris questions. "More than okay! I'm taking you to Pancake Pantry."
"Would anyone else like to join us," Chris asks looking around the room. He's met with a couple of no thanks. Apparently they were just there on Wednesday.
"I'll go get ready. Give me fifteen minutes," Daphne says dashing off to her room.

  Thirty minutes later they're on their way, going back down the mountain and into town

Thirty minutes later they're on their way, going back down the mountain and into town. Chris let's Daphne drive since she knows where she's going.
After filling their bellies with gourmet pancakes, eggs and bacon they decide to spend some time walking around town. They pass by a candy shop where they're making taffy right there in the window. Chris pulls Daphne into the store. "I have to buy some taffy. It was my dad's favorite candy. I'd like to have some in memory of him," he confides. "Only if you share," she says with a wink.
"Absolutely. What's mine is yours," he tells her.
"I don't think that's true until after marriage hun," said Daphne.
"So, we start a little early," Chris says. He walks off to another area of the store leaving Daphne confused. 'Has he thought about marriage,' she wondered to herself.

~~~

The cabin was bustling with activity the closer it came to be 6 pm. Chris and Daphne had gotten back around noon, had a small lunch and then Daphne decided to take a nap.  But now everyone was running around to prepare for the rehearsal dinner.
   Daphne emerges from her room again, this time in a beautiful burgundy lace dress. She spots Mr Handsome sitting on the couch in a tan sweater and plaid dress pants.

    Chris stands up to meet her as she enters the room

    Chris stands up to meet her as she enters the room. "You look ravishing, Daphne," he says as he takes her hand and twirls her in order to get a better look. "You're looking yummy, Mr. Evans," she retorts. 
  "Okay you two, let's load up and head out," Adam calls out. Grabbing their coats along the way they follow Mr. Jeffries out of the door.
The rehearsal dinner is taking place in a restaurant just outside of Gatlinburg. Thankfully they offer a banquet room that holds the 80 people that have joined Oliver and Hazel for their special day. With it being a destination wedding they wanted to have extra time with everyone who made the journey, this the 80 people for a rehearsal dinner.
During the cocktail hour Daphne walks around introducing Chris to Hazel's family and some of Oliver's friends from school. Next they find Daphne's granny. "Granny, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Chris," she says as she sits down next to the matriarch of the Jeffries family. "Oh my! Hello Christopher. I'm Granny," Granny tells him while pulling him in for a big hug. "He's cute," she whispers loudly off to the side for Daphne to hear.
"Granny, it's very nice to meet you. I hear that you make an incredible pecan pie," says Chris sitting next to Daphne.
"As a matter of fact I do! It's award winning you know. Won first place five years running."
"What happened that sixth year Granny?" Daphne asks curiously.
Rolling her eyes Granny answers, "your daddy happened. Then the following year was Jessica. And after that Carl. For five years I was popping out babies."
"You mean Grandpa couldn't watch them long enough for you to bake a pie?"
"Heavens no, sugar. You know Grandpa never messed with babies. He worked hard and provided. I chose to take care of the home. I know things aren't much like that now, and it's okay. To each their own," she winks at the two.

Dinner was a full course meal laden with salads, pasta, chicken and tiramisu. People started to dissipate back to the hotel with a promise to see everyone tomorrow at 2 pm for the wedding festivities.
Walking back through the cabin door several Jeffries decide to turn in due to the early day ahead. Daphne leans in to Chris's ear and tells him to get comfortable and meet her back in the kitchen in ten minutes. After changing into warm pajamas and a hoodie, Daphne sets to making hot chocolate.
When Chris finds her in the kitchen he asks, "what have you got up your sleeve, my love?"
"Snuggles," Daphne simply states as she heads to the back porch with the mugs. Grabbing the blanket off the couch Chris follows.
Finding their home beside each other they quietly drink the cocoa, reminiscing about the days events.

"How do you see your future Daphne?" Chris asks breaking the silence.
  A little unsure of how to fully answer the question, she decides to take the easy route. "Married, babies, happy," she says wistfully.
  "Do you want to continue teaching after you have kids? It's fine if you do, I'm just curious," he says honestly.
  Daphne stops for a moment. She loves teaching, loves 'her babies.' But pouring in to her own family is important to her as well. "I'm not sure to be honest. I think that I'd know better when the time comes. Or IF the time comes."
  Flipping the original question to Chris, she asks how he sees his future. "With you."  Daphne gasps quietly. "I hope that doesn't scare you," he tells her. "But when I think about my future, right now in this moment, it's all with you."
"Wow," Daphne exhales. "It's not that I don't see a future with you, I just don't know if it's too early to feel that way. We've been dating for three months. Is that too soon to start thinking that way?"
"In my opinion, no. If you know, you know," Chris tells her. Daphne grows quiet. "You don't have to feel the way I do right now. I'm willing to wait."
"I want to," she whispers. Chris takes her mug from her hands and sets it down. He turns his body to face her directly, urging her to continue. "I let myself build a fantasy future with a couple of other guys. It never worked out. They never saw a future with me. I was just a stepping stone for them."
Gently lifting her head to look him in the eyes, Chris begins, "I'm telling you, right here, right now that if I have any say in it, my future is with you. The only way that will change is if you don't see your future with me. I love you, my beautiful girl." He kisses her gently and rests his forehead on hers. "Let's get you to bed. There's an exciting day tomorrow."