C h a p t e r 13

Chapter 13 : MadelynMonday, July 19th, 2021

Monday, July 19th, 2021

I don't know where I am.

Taking in my surroundings, I have to squint my eyes to counter the dulled lighting around me.

I can't help but find this room oddly familiar, but still, I can't figure out where I am.

Taking a step forward, the soft brush of fabric against my skin draws my eyes to the silky nightgown falling down my legs.

The sage green material fits perfectly to my body, as if it were made for me.

Without a doubt, the colour was chosen to match my eyes.

Looking up, I'm startled to find a large mirror awaiting before me, my confused reflection staring back.

What is this place?

"You're playing a dangerous game, sweetheart." Xavier's familiar voice echoes from behind me.

I want to turn around, but my body has become paralyzed by his presence. Their presence.

While all of their faces are unclear, I immediately know that Caleb and Alec accompany their friend, the three of them standing behind me and eyeing me like hawks.

What's going on?

No matter how hard I wish to move, I can't do anything to escape this trance I've fallen into.

Blinking twice, something about the room changes and I suddenly recognize where I am; the storage closet from the wedding.

"Madelyn?" Caleb's voice draws my attention to him. Finally, I'm able to turn around, finding him leaning against a wall and in the exact same spot as he was yesterday.

Oh God.

He's alone now, and it was as if the other two disappeared out of thin air. Or so I thought until the touch of another snaps my attention to them.

"Go to him." Alec demands as my heart begins to pound against my chest.

"What are you doing? How did I get here?" I divert, trying to find any clue that'll help to clear my confusion.

"Go to him." He repeats, and suddenly, I feel a strong pull to do as he says.

"You know you want to." Xavier encourages. Appearing behind me, he trails one of his rough fingers down the curve of my spine, ending right above my tailbone. I shiver against his touch."We could do so many great things together, the four of us." He continues.

"N-no, you're wrong. I'm nothing like you."

"Oh but you are." Caleb says with a twisted smile. "You let a man die. You watched as we spilt his blood and felt no remorse, didn't you?"