Is That All

Peter yawned and squeezed his pillow tighter. Only it wasn't a pillow. He quickly opened his eyes, careful to not make any sudden moves.

There, right in front of him, was Valen. Peacefully asleep. Her silver and black hair covered her face. Strands feathered out as she breathed through her mouth, then fell back in her face when she sucked in more air. Peter slowly lifted his arm off of her and softly pushed her hair behind her.

Valen twitched making Peter freeze. His arm hung in the air not moving. He was scared that she had woken up and if she hadn't, he didn't want to wake her. Instead, Valen turned, now facing Peter. Her eyes still closed, her arms by her face. Peter softly put his head back on his pillow, wondering what she was dreaming of.

"Are you watching me, creep?" Valen asked, still not opening her eyes.

Peter's face turned red, full of embarrassment. "What? No, no, no, no. I just opened my eyes."

"Sure." A small smirk played on Valen's face. She opened her eyes to see Peter now on his back with a hand on his face.

Peter split his fingers so he could see through one eye. Without removing his hand, he turned his head to look at the girl. "V?"

"Hmm?"

"I think... I think you're-"

An annoying beeping sound would not stop playing in the room. A small device given to Peter by Tony started to flash a small red light. It was to let him know he was needed.

"I think that's our cue." Peter rolled out of bed and grabbed clothes to get changed into.

Valen changed back into what she was wearing yesterday when Peter left the room. She folded the pajamas he let her borrow neatly onto his bed.

The pair quickly made it back to the compound. Before reaching the entrance, Tony walked out angrily.

"Where have you been?" He directed his question to Valen, ignoring the boy beside her. His hands were on his hips as he waited.

Valen turned her head to face Peter.

"With him? All night? You can't just disappear like that."

"I'm sorry, Mr.Stark-" Peter was about to take full blame, but Tony was having none of it.

"Peter, you should go home." He pointed a finger away from the group and in the direction of where Queens would be.

Peter took a step back. He wasn't used to seeing him this angry. Sure, he's made mistakes that's made Tony mad, but this, this was something new altogether.

Bruce came running out of the building after he saw Valen through the entrances windows. "Valen! I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

Valen nodded her head. She offered a tiny sincere smile to let the man know she wasn't upset anymore.

"All I was going to do was take a blood sample to study it. Nothing else." When Valen nodded her head once again, Bruce cautiously asked, "Can we try again? I'll tell you everything beforehand so there are no more surprises."

Another panic wanted to rise up in Valen. She's been around these people for a few weeks now, so she knew they wouldn't purposely hurt her. But the fear was still there.

Valen looked at Peter, slight worry in her eyes. Without a second thought, Peter grabbed Valen's hand, holding it tightly. "You've got this. There's nothing to be afraid of."

He squeezed her hand once then let go. He turned around ready to take off, but Valen grabbed his wrist. He stopped walking and turned back around. He gave her a questioning look.