24.

I sat in the floor for what felt like hours but was only minutes. Before me and Jr fell out we was inseparable.

He was my whole world.

We was getting wayyyy better now and now he may be gone. "Bella!" My dad ran in followed by my mama. "Bell what happened?" She asked.

"I don't know. I came to see him and he wouldn't answer. I went to the back door and it was open.

So I came in and this what I found."

"You searched the house?" My daddy asked.

"No." "Ill search the house y'all stay here." He walked off. "You called king?" She asked. "He didn't answer." She called him and it went to voicemail.

"Imma try Jen." She called her.

Hello?

Hey Jen have you seen King?

Not since last night he told me he was going to see your husband.

King never came by.

Oh lord did something happen to him?

We not sure. We found Jr house broken in and it's blood everywhere.

Oh god. I'll call king and see what happened?

We all tried calling him we aren't getting anything.

Okay give me a second.

Okay

She hung up. "Lord I hope some ain't happen to him." "Nothings wrong with king." I said.

"He's been missing since last night."

"No he hasn't. King was with me last night and this morning. I left there and came straight here." "You sleeping with that lady's husband still?"

"No. He's my children father."

"You know what Bell. We gone discuss this later." "No we won't." I told her.

"Please don't tell me y'all are arguing when Jr could possibly be dead." My daddy said. "Your daughter—." "Just shut up for one damn second." He told her. She got quiet.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"King was at home yesterday when I gkt there he was telling me bout him and Jen.

He took me and stink out.

She wanted to spend the night with both of us so we went to his hotel room. I left this morning to come see Jr and when I got here the back door was open and the kitchen was like this."

"And you can't get a hold of king?" I shook my head no. My daddy shook his head and sighed. 

"What about yo friend missy?"

"What about her?"

"Wasn't they talking?" "Yeah but Missy's pregnant she couldn't have been involved."

"Call her and see if she answers."

I called her and the phone rung.

Hello?

Missy what you doing?

Just left my check up you okay?

Yeah um when was the last time you heard from Jr.

He called me this morning before my appointment. He was supposed to come but never showed. I tried calling him but I assumed he got caught up in some. He good ?