15. Aftermath

We reached the dorms shortly after

We reached the dorms shortly after. My head is a mess right now. There's mushy thoughts all over. In a span of an hour my world seems to have turned around. The assignment I thought would be amazing and fun turned out to be a nightmare. I'll have to deal with controlling and egoistic partner college students. The guy who once ridiculed me about my singing seems to be one of them. And i was admiring his beauty? Seriously Sakshi!! I have no idea if he remembers me or not. God I hope not. If he does I have a feeling he's going to target me more and more. I'll have to stay low and keep myself out of his sight. God knows how crazy these people are. I just have to get to my room, freshen up, take a nap and process all these. By tomorrow I'll be energized and ready to face whatever is in my path.

The dorm building is so damn spacious and majestic. The place is so neat. We were assigned the ground floor and yes as stated earlier we are not allowed to go up to any of the floors. But what felt strange is the bed arrangements..2 in a room. But few of us were given single room to themselves including me. I don't know how they decided who gets a separate room and who doesn't. Whatever.. my brain is already fried up so I won't think much about it now. I enter my room. It's kinda spacious. It has a double bed with a study table, cupboard and attached bathroom. Damn this college infrastructure is beyond my expectations.

After freshening up I decide to take a nap. I watched some movies after. We were provided snacks and dinner in our floor itself. We were asked to eat in our own rooms. After finishing dinner and doing some reading I go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some good.

I groan as the sunlight peaks through my window. Gosh it's morning already. I take a shower and get ready. I'm gathering my books as I hear a knock on my door. I open it to see lasya standing there with a grim on her face.

"Hey what's up?" I ask

"I have a bad feeling about today. I don't exactly know what but something's gonna piss me off for sure"

"I'm not surprised tbh..I have the same feeling as well. But I'm in a better mood than yesterday. Hopefully everything goes well"

"Me too. Btw did you notice the boys in their batch?"

This unexpected question throws me off guard. Did she notice me ogling that guy. Shit this is so embarrassing.

"Not really. I mean I was pretty dazed up to notice anything yesterday. Why?"

"How could you not? They are fine as hell. Hot smoky cocky sexy handsome and what not. It felt like they walked straight out of a fashion magazine! I couldn't keep my eyes off them. Almost everyone of them are so freaking hot. And don't even remind me about the girls. Are they even doctors? I mean aren't doctors supposed to wear plain clothing? They looked so dolled up in their designer clothes and makeup. I swear I felt like we all were a black glitch in their pure white platform!"

Now why didn't I notice this? Are all these kids from well to do backgrounds or are they simply good at dressing up? I clearly failed to check out boys and girls yesterday...yea because you were busy eyefucking a certain stranger. Shut I need to get a grip. I can't let anyone know I have a certain attraction to someone on THEIR side.

"Oh yea? I didn't notice at all" I plainly say.

"Obviously you didn't. You were lost in your head the whole time. And to top it all they are older than us...specifically 2 years. They are in their final year of medical school...so they are basically like our seniors. And this is so fuckin intimidating. They're gonna treat us like some annoying filthy juniors now" she grimaced

Holy fuck. Why didn't I think of it before? Obviously he was older than me...he was ahead of me by two classes all those years ago. My heart started beating rapidly. And why is this realization turning me the fuck on? [Coz you have a thing for older guys idiot. You always fantasized about dating a senior-my subconscious mocked]. Damn! That's true. But no Sakshi stop thinking about your fantasies. This is a real world. Grow up. They're all planning different ways about how to grill us. You can't go that way.

"Fuck them lasya. We need to be strong. Lay low, get our work done, finish up the assignment,  get that certification and leave. So stop overthinking. We are gonna make it"

I take a deep breath. It's going to be all right. Repeat one mantra in your head- stay away from him and concentrate on things that matter. Ok I'm good. I'm gonna do this.

"I think you're right. We'll get through this!" Lasya hugs me and we both needed that hug to pull ourselves up.

*what do you guys think about the plot? And don't forget to vote and comment🥺❤ It means a lot!!💜💜*