020 Rely On No One

Twenty, Rely On No One

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

LUNA FELT as if she was on a never ending spinning ride at a fair, her head was in shambles & she felt sick. from the corner of her eye she could see lydia climb into her car from stiles' window, the redhead was stressed & hurt — meredith was dead & she couldn't help but blame herself. a soft sigh slipped past the blue eyed brunette's lips as she stared at her stuff bear, morgan, she was seated on stiles' dresser. untouched, unharmed, she was perfect.

"okay, lyds went home—"
"malia is peter's daughter? and you haven't told her, yet?"

the boy frowned, his own head was pounding. "does peter know?" stiles nodded shortly, hands sliding into his pockets sadly. luna scoffed, "how have you not told malia but peter knows? how hasn't scott said anything? or lydia? that's - that's just sick, stiles! she grew up with this entire different family, thinking she was actually one of them, then she accidentally killed two of them! god, this is gonna ruin her!"

"s-see! this is why we haven't told her yet!"
"we're you ever gonna tell her? she's going to see her name on that list, you know that right!"
"we were going to tell her, but if you haven't noticed our friend group doesn't get the luxury of good timing!"

the girl rolled her eyes, gaze finally falling onto the boy & away from her childhood stuffie. "so, is there anything else you've been hiding from me? what happen to we don't keep secrets from each other?" stiles' jaw clenched, memory coming in clutch, "you're one to talk! you're hiding shit from me too, luna! stop acting like this is a one sided game!"

"a one sided game? you're kidding me right? i'm sorry, but it's not everyday where i wanna go around and tell my boyfriend that there's this stupid little voice in my head that keeps saying you're going to die! so no, stiles, i don't want to tell you everything cause it scares the shit out of me! so the stupid things about malia and whatever else you're not saying is not as big as what i was keeping, okay! because you, you can't die! b-because i will d-die.."

stiles was feeling one too many things right now, but all he could do was stare at luna as the girl tired to blink back her tears — it wasn't working. his clenched jaw loosened as he took careful steps towards the girl, sitting to her side as her bottom lip wobbled. his arms gently engulfed the girl, she'd never gripped him back so tight before .. "my dad hasn't been able to pay back the bills from eichen — we're not doing good on money and i'm scared we're gonna lose the house."

the boys chin sat gently on the girls head, her eyes screwing shut as tears leaked like broke pipes. "i-i could talk to my mom and—"

"luna, no, not happening." she kept quiet, the two just sitting there like that, wrapped in each other's embrace. stiles' cheek was now resting on the girls head, eyes closed as he listened to her breathing calm down.