two - anxiety

"Guess what, everyone?" Dinah announces, walking into the back of the bus where Camila and Lauren are watching a show. Her nose crinkles, "Where's Normally? I need them."

"Went back to Ally's bunk to watch a movie," Camila shrugs.

Lauren continues to absentmindedly pick at her chipping nail polish, a fleeting thought of fixing it going through her head. Dinah exits the small room and comes back a few minutes later with Normani and Ally.

"Move your legs, you're taking up the whole couch," Normani says, pushing at Lauren's legs.

The other girl groans, she's comfy all stretched out with her head on Camila's lap, "You're the one that left and I want to lay down."

"Tough shit. I'm back, move your legs," Normani says as Lauren sits up (not without some more whining, of course). She grabs her blanket and wraps it around her shoulders, now looking back at Dinah.

"What's going on?" Camila asks.

"The bus is stopping soon and there are gonna be a bunch of restaurants where we're stopping. So, I asked Will if we could all eat together because recently it's been the like... split the band Olympics or some shit, and he said that if Tweedledee and Tweedledum over there can keep their hands off each other, we can," Dinah explains, pointing at Camila and Lauren.

"Tweedledee and Tweedledum? Did Will say that part?" Lauren raises an eyebrow.

"Sure," Dinah responds, "Either way, do you guys want to do that?"

"Yes," Normani answers, and Ally nods.

"Wait, who's Tweedledee and Tweedledum?" Camila asks.

"You're dum, she's dee," Dinah says matter-of-factly, ignoring Camila's offended face, "Can you two handle it?"

Lauren looks at Camila, "Can you keep your hands off me?"

"I have plenty of self-control, Lauren, you're the one in trouble here," Camila responds, and Lauren averts her gaze to her lap, making Camila laugh.

"We can handle ourselves, D," Camila assures Dinah and Dinah gives her a skeptical look.

"I would like to point out the whole bunk situation," Normani interjects and Camila and Lauren's faces both go red.

Lauren fiddles with the corner of her blanket as Camila responds, "I didn't realize you were filming until I came out of my bunk."

"That doesn't matter when you continued!" Normani exclaims, and Camila shrugs with a stupid smirk on her face.

"Yeah after that, it was just fun. Not my fault Lauren couldn't be quiet," Camila teases and Dinah rolls her eyes.

"This was a terrible idea."

-

They're waiting for their food at the restaurant when Lauren excuses herself to the bathroom. She's a little too thankful when she realizes that it's one person only, meaning she doesn't have to interact with anyone else.

She stands in front of the mirror, looking herself over. She notices a rip in the collar of her leather jacket and furrows her eyebrows. When the hell did that get there?

She puts her finger in the rip, feeling around a bit to see the damage, relieved when it's only the surface layer and contemplates just leaving it. Who knows how long it's been there anyway?

She then crouches, untying her shoe and retying it a little tighter, not liking the feeling of how loose it was. Her foot was moving around too much and it wasn't comfortable. She pulls at the individual rows of laces, tightening the entire shoe to her liking before standing up again.