Chapter 22

"Haa." I sighed so deeply that anyone who heard me would think that I have financial problems.

If it were in another situation, I would just casually think and say that it's just an engagement and it could be broken easily. But, no. We're talking about a villain. And although his mother was smiling and grinning earlier as if she's a friendly person, I could see the blood splashes on the bottom part of her dress.

I bet they won't let me go if I try to break it. It's not like my family even cares for me since they don't even try to find me. They'd even be glad to engage me in another influential family. But can we just talk about my opinions here?

"Are you still not feeling fine?"

I looked at Hans and smiled faintly.

"I'm just stressed out."

I closed my eyes.

"Oh right. Where did you get the courage to fight verbally with your employer?" I laughed at him and he scratched the back of his head.

"You'd get courage when things heat up and when you lose rationality."

Well, I guess I also had that kind of courage when I slapped Evan.

"Anyway, I just realized now that I'm becoming more aware of my surroundings. Where are we?"

I scanned the surroundings and I got the feeling that I already know the answer. An answer that I want to deny desperately.

"We're in the young master's room."

Fuck it all. I knew it, everywhere I looked it was all black. Curtains, bedsheets, furniture. Why did no one even speak out that it doesn't really look aesthetically pleasing on the eyes? It feels like I'm in the middle of darkness.

Geez. At least use brown furniture or something.

Is this a character setup too? Like this world following what the author wants?

"What." I looked at Hans when I felt him staring at me. He pointed at the door.

I heard three knocks. So, someone is knocking.

"Come in." I continued gazing at the window. It was already very dark. Why do I feel like it's already early in the morning?

I guess I'm losing track of time more than I thought.

"Ces."

I internally groaned. There are only two people who call me by my nickname in this mansion, one is a kind person and another is a shameless one.

"I…"

I didn't look at him. I was getting a little worried and conscious of what he'll say, especially since Hans is here.

"I guess I kidnapped the wrong person."

I could feel my blood rising to my head.

"I told you since the very beginning. You got the wrong person!"

I angrily looked at him. He nodded and smiled.

"I see. But you can't do anything about it anymore. Stay here. We're accomplices now."

What does he mean by accomplices? Accomplices on what? I didn't help him with anything?!

"What…"

"You saw the underground prison. You even saw and talked with the other prisoners. Those were top secrets. We can't just let you out with that information. So we're accomplices."

What kind of bullcrap is he fucking saying?

"What…" Even Hans had his jaw dropped from what he just said.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine if you just marry me. No worries. You won't experience any hardship."

No. That's exactly what I'm worried about. And I already experienced hardships that are 10 years worth because of you.

As if being locked up in here is not enough. You even made me an accomplice and a marriage partner?!

I'm really this close to raising my middle finger to all the Gods out there who seem to hate me.

Am I experiencing things that the heroine should have been experiencing? No. In the novel, Evan never liked Fiona.

"Ah. I think I stayed here longer than I thought. Stay here, Ces. My room is the safest place in this mansion."

Why would your room be the safest place? The master's bedroom should be the safest one. Or the treasury room?

"If you want to find me, I'm in the room right next to this."

He smiled at me and walked out.

"I'm never going to want to find you!" I threw a pillow on the door.

I need to digest everything that he said. Ah. I am so stressed out.