~Chapter 43~

The lead guard grabbed my hand forcefully and pulled me to him. My back was turned to him as he pressed his thick and veiny arm on my neck. He didn't put much force but I was too scared and numb to even move. With his other hand, he pointed a gun to my temple or more like the helmet's temple.

I swallowed down my whimpers as I saw the faces of my friends going pale. Never did I ever understand the meaning, essence and beauty of life until now. Never did I ever think about what it would feel like to be really far away from my family, friends and… the love of my life, as cliche as it may sound. My whole body was sensitive to each touch but I steeled myself anyway. I didn't intend to piss off the one person who had my life hanging on a flimsy thread.

"Drop your weapons! All of you!" Someone from the back commanded and my friends did as they were told.

I felt a hard tap on the helmet and my heartbeat skyrocketed. The saliva in my mouth was accumulating to the point where I couldn't understand if I should spit it on these men or just gulp it down.

"Y-yes?" I croaked, gulping thickly.

"Take off your helmet," he said in his gruff voice.

With shaky fingers, I removed it and he snatched it from my hands quickly. He tossed it away like it was a piece of trash but only I knew and understood what a power tool it was for me. It saved my life one too many times in just a span of an hour or two.

I heard someone's gasp and I looked up to see my friends giving me worried glances. Truth be said, I wasn't even embarrassed to be looking so disheveled because my main motto at that point was to make it out of this man's grip alive.

"Let her go."

That voice! This time my heart escalated for a completely different reason. It was as if it was trying to break out of my lungs just to squash against Skye's chest to hug him. Eww. Am I still drunk? I thought.

All our heads turned in his direction, who appeared from behind my friends along with Ivan. Skye was serious with the way he was clenching his jaw and his face screaming 'don't you dare mess with me right now'. He doesn't often have that angry expression but whenever he does, it's still so shocking to me.

Ivan though was strutting like a male model in some fashion show as he pulled off his aviators. He looked so nonchalant as he noisily chewed on his gum. I had to roll my eyes at his weird dramatics but it calmed me down a bit.

"My king!" Shivaay suddenly shouted, throwing up his fist in the air. 

It was then I understood what he meant by "king and the army" during our phone call. Of course that's what he would mean.

"Let. Her. Go." Skye gritted this time, enunciating each word slowly and completely ignoring Shivaay. He hadn't glanced at me even once and I was more than okay with that. Because… I was not looking my best at that moment. Ironic since I didn't care about it just seconds ago.

"Or else?" The guard holding me drawled out in a bored voice.

Skye said something that I didn't catch because my mind took that very second to remind me of my dad's words from some years back when I was a thirteen year old teenager.

He'd said to me, "You are my princess just like any other girl is to their father. But for me, you're not just any princess. You're a strong, independent and a dauntless princess. Just like Mulan and Moana. You don't need no Prince Charming to save you even if you have one. You wanna know why? Because even if he loves you with every bone in his body, there might be a time where he couldn't save you. Not because he doesn't want to but because his timing and your event of happening wouldn't necessarily match in this real world. So my point is fight for yourself and learn to be your own hero, your own prince."