54| Trust?

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

Know what I discovered?

My brothers are annoying.

They have been on my case since the older ones left my room. Kyson brought me breakfast to my bed and the entire time I was eating, my brothers didn't once stop in letting me know how disappointed they were with me.

I mean I love them all.

They are my brothers for better or worse.

The bond with them is sort of a blessing of love and annoyance that has been forged by blood but has grown stronger with each passing day.

I understand why they were mad and I would have been as well if I had been in their place. I mean the whole thing might have gone horribly wrong, but I was glad to be back home.

And I couldn't be more thankful for having them in my life because with my brothers by my side, I always feel protected.

So after breakfast my brothers stayed in the room as they made themselves at home on my bed, while I went to my bathroom to get ready for the day.

I don't think they are going to leave me alone for a while probably because I'll do something stupid 'again'— there words not mine.

After walking inside I went to stand in front of the mirror to finally look at myself.

And I looked terrible.

My cheek was swollen from a big bruise that now resided there and my bottom lip had been cut, from when that guy in the warehouse punched and slapped me.

My hair looks so sweaty and dirty as there are some specs of dirt on my forehead with my hair sticking to it. I sighed, my eyes dull, as I stared at a horrifying image of myself.

I quickly stripped out of my clothes and went to take a shower. As soon as the hot water came in contact with my aching muscles, a wave of relaxation washed over me.

I closed my eyes and let the hot water provide me with a moment of peace, enjoying the warmth that came with it.

After a much needed shower, I made my way inside my closet in my towel that was wrapped around me.

Quickly throwing on a hoodie and loose pants, I removed the towel from my hair as I blow dried it, and after I was done, I walked inside my room to the sight of my brothers laughing and talking among themselves.

I was relieved that they are no longer  mad at Kyson anymore but I was still worried about Lucca being mad at me.

"I'm going downstairs." I said, catching everyone's attention as they stood up to follow me.

As I walked down the stairs to the floor where my cousins were staying,  I stopped in my tracks and  looked at the empty corridor. I could sense my brothers stopping beside me but they didn't say anything.