Chapter 3: The Magic Knights Entrance Exam

[Inside carriage]
It's been about 30 minutes since your departure from the church, and you are currently stuck in deep thought. "Why didn't I get my grimoire?", you say to yourself. "I do have magic, right?", you say as you look over at Asta who is mesmerised by his grimoire. "And how did he get a grimoire and not me. Maybe it's still on its way". You sigh as you say this and decide to rest a little. You lean back and fall asleep, drifting into your dreams. Maybe that fire magic you did was just a dream, you think to yourself. Guess you'll have to find that out later.

"Y/N... Y/N... Y/N!", a voice says. You wake up to see that it was Asta who was calling your name. You rub eyes for a while and look around, observing the scenery. "Are we in the capital?", you ask.
"I think so", Asta replies.
"Of course we are", Yuno replies as he points at a large building. "You see that, that's Clover Castle, which means we are in the capital", Yuno adds. You take a moment to look at the castle, then say "That's the first time I'm seeing it".
"What?!?!", shouts Asta, "Surely you must have seen that castle before. That's where the 3 royal families of the Clover Kingdom live, and best of all, that's where the Wizard King li-". You briefly interrupt Asta, telling him to keep his fanboy tendacies to himself. "I'm not a fanboy!", Asta declares. You ignore this then thank the driver for bringing you here. You guys pay for the ride with the little money you had then start to head towards the entrance exam venue. On the way, all three of you are suddenly captivated by a sweet aroma. The three of you embark on a new adventure - to follow that aroma. You end up at a food stand. "What's this?", Asta asks the man running the stand. "These are some good ol' sweet and spicy squid".
"Squid?! You can actually eat that!?" Shouts Asta.
The man at the stand chuckled and asked if we wanted to try some. Of course me and Asta did. Although Yuno wouldn't admit it, I could tell that he wanted some too. "Could we have have three servings please", I asked.
"Coming right up", the man replied.
"Who's the third one for?" Yuno asked. You look at Yuno with a blank expression. "It's for you of course", you reply. Yuno crossed his arms.
"I don't need any food at the moment", Yuno said.
"Are you sure?", you ask.
"I'm sure", Yuno replied, as his stomach rumbled. You let out a smug smile and turn back towards the stand. "Here you go kids, 3 servings of squid", said the man.

 "Here you go kids, 3 servings of squid", said the man

"Mhmmm, these look yummy", says Asta.
"Yeah they do, something other than potatoes for once", you say. You look back at Yuno to see him staring at the squid, mouth-watering and totally mesmerised. "Well since Yuno doesn't want his, looks like we've got some extra for ourselves Asta", you say. Clearing his throat, Yuno chimes in saying "Well if your offering, I guess I can have some."
"Ha!", you say. "Im not offering anything. Those who ask shall receive", you scoff as you take a bite out of your squid. "F-fine! May I please have some" Yuno replies. "You want 'some' ", you repeat.
"Yeah, I'd like some", Yuno replies. You let out another smug look then rip off the tip of the squid and toss it over to Yuno. "Are you sure you wanted 'some', or this whole squid?" you ask.
"Dammit! I want all of it, ok!?", Yuno shouts.
"Aha, that's more like it", you say as you toss over the whole squid tentacle to Yuno. "Thanks", Yuno says. "It's fine", you reply, "But Yuno, know this - it isn't a sin to ask for something, we're brothers after all, right?" Yuno gives a warm smile, "Yeah, I guess your right."