I Kissed Someone (It Wasn't You)

I kissed someone, it wasn't you
Leaning in like you were supposed to do
This was what I waited for
But it just made me miss you more

"We should go out."

"What?"

"Invite your cool actor friends if you must, but we haven't been out out in ages."

Candice got bored very easily and always need things to distract her from boredom. And going out seemed to be her go to option. She wasn't a mad party person like in Hollywood movies but she was in more of a British sense. Candi liked to go out to pubs and get wasted on beer rather than taking a thousand shots. However, this time she meant going out to a club. It wasn't something I did much, I'd usually stay home and watch a movie and wait to hear her crazy night out stories. Like the time she helped a man out of a river. Or when she almost got stuck in a pot hole but in the end just lost her shoe.

"I mean I guess." I shrugged.

"Yay, I like it when we go out. You'll have fun I promise."

"I don't you always make me get 10 times more drunk than you."

"That's because you can hold your drink better than me."

"I don't see how that's my problem."

"Just shut up and go get changed."

-

"See I told you you'd have fun." She shouted over the music.

"I guess I am. The DJ's just playing shit music."

"I'd have to agree but this is shit club music so it has a cheat card."

"No it doesn't it's just shit."

"Don't you think that guy over there looks a bit like Aaron?" Candice quickly changed the conversation. She pointed to s guy who was sat at the bar.

"Yeah, I think it's the facial hair." I said. I felt her push me forward. "What are you doing?" I span around and looked at her.

"Go talk to him."

"What?"

"You haven't had sex with a guy in a-"

"And you think I should hook up with a guy in a club who looks like Aaron?"

"Well yeah I guess. Maybe if you sleep with him, you'll stop missing Aaron as much."

"But what if I like missing him, what if like feeling like a 50's housewife waiting for her husband to come back."

"What if Aaron is fucking someone wherever the fuck he is right now."

"Then it's not meant to be."

"Evelyn, go talk to that guy right now." Candice said grabbing me by the shoulders.

"Fine, fine I will." I rolled my eyes before walking over to him. "Hi." I sat in the seat next to him before ordering another drink.

"I know you and your friend have been starting at me." He turned his head to look at me.

"Really?"

"You weren't exactly being discreet about it." He laughed. "Tom." He held his hand out for me to shake.

"Evelyn." I smiled as I accepted his handshake.

"So do you fancy me or are you trying to get over a guy."

"Your nice looking guy Tom." I smiled nervously, I looked back over my shoulder to see Candice giving me the thumbs up.

"Ah I look like a guy you like."

"Yeah." I admitted nervously.

"The kick ass guy?" I just nodded in response.

"He's my friend and I kinda like him but he's filming something somewhere."

"And your friend thinks that sleeping with me will help your feeling for him?"

"Yeah, she's convinced that sleeping with a guy will fix all of my problems."

"Well I have nothing else I have to do."

"I mean I guess your busy- wait what?"

"Well I mean if your sure."

"I guess so." I smiled awkwardly at him. He took my hand and lead me outside, I looked over my shoulder and saw Candice give me an excited wave.

-

I woke up because my phone was going crazy. I turned it over and looked at the screen.

Candi
hey lovely, hope ur okie
text me when you wake up
luv you

Aaron :)
Hey meanie why didn't you pick up the phone?
You have like 4 friends and one of them is me haha

4 missed calls from Aaron :)

2 missed calls from Candi

"Do you have to be somewhere?" Tom said from beside me, making me jump.

"Uh no it's just my friends making sure I'm alive." I laughed.

"You don't have to stay and make awkward small talk, that's how hook ups work you just fuck then you can leave."

"Are you sure?" I looked at him nervously.

"Yeah I've got to get to work."

"Ok then I'll um see you around." I said awkwardly before getting up and finding my clothes.

"You are the most awkward person I have ever met." He laughed.

"I'm sorry." I said as I pulled the shirt I had borrowed from Candice over my head. "I'm a dancer so." I laughed.

"I would not have had you down for a dancer."

"A ballet dancer." I smiled as I put my shoes on. "But yeah I am really uncoordinated." 

"Is that what causes all the cuts on your feet, the ballet shoes?" 

"Yeah I wear them too much and they're too tight, I'll get a new pair eventually." I stood up and brushed myself off. "I'll see around." 

"You already said that." 

"I know but i didn't know how else to leave." I laughed. 

"Goodbye Evie." 

 Well that did nothing to help.

a/n- I'm so sorry I haven't updated I just haven't had any motivation. I hope you enjoyed this!