seven

07. My Brother's Keeper

"Stefan and Elena broke up?" Aria asked shocked, as her, Rebekah and Caroline arranged the flowers for the Miss Mystic Falls pageant.

"Yeap" Caroline replied.

"And how did you found that out?" Rebekah asked.

"She's Caroline Forbes, she knows about all the gossip in Mystic Falls" Aria replied.

"Right, how could I forget" Rebekah teased.

"You guys don't think, now that her and Stefan are broken up, Elena's going to try and get with Damon, right?" Aria asked, slightly concerned.

"Knowing her personality, I wouldn't be surprised" Rebekah replied.

"Yeah, if I was you, I'd keep Damon away from her, she might try and do a brother swap" Caroline said.

"I'll murder her" Aria said, glaring across the yard where Elena was.

"We will help" Rebekah assured.

"Of course you both will, it's your job to have my back" Aria teased, wanting to change the subject.

"And we will do our job till the day we die, scouts honour" Caroline said, making her two best friends laugh.

"Aria!" Professor Shane called out, walking over to the three girls.

"Oh kill me now" Aria mumbled.

"I'm a little lost, I'm here to interview contestants" Shane said, "In spite of being absurdly unqualified, I'm awarding a scholarship, so can you please show me the way Aria?".

"Um, well you see--".

"Actually she can't" Rebekah said, jumping into her friends defense, seeing how uncomfortable she looked, "She's really busy, we have a billion more flowers we have to organise".

"The interviews are happening inside the parlor" Caroline informed.

"Right in here?" Shane asked.

"Mhmm" Caroline replied, sending Shane a fake smile.

"Alright, I'll just follow the scent of hairspray and world domination" Shane said, walking away.

"Thanks for helping me guys, I kind of froze" Aria said, grateful to her best friends.

"Is he the creepy professor who told you how to break the hunter's curse?" Rebekah asked, Aria nodded.

"He also knows about my doppelganger, and according to him, her story is repeating itself through me" Aria informed.

"Isn't it weird that he seems to know everything?" Caroline asked.

"It's more creepy then weird" Aria said, "Damon and Kol don't trust him, they are planning to confront him at the event".

"God help him from Damon and Kol" Rebekah said, making Caroline and Aria laugh.

"Yeah, those two together are a nightmare" Caroline said.