Part 19

Shigaraki knows I'm jade

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Izuku pov*

"Izuku if you're trying to run away again then I swear to god I will make you sleep in my room", I heard dad say, I sighed and climbed off the window sill and flopped onto my bed.

It's been a week since USJ and two days since I've been discharged, today was the sports festival and the doctor said that due to having repeatedly damaged the same parts of my body in the past and being quirkless causes me to heal a lot slower than most people, which is why I can't participate in today's event.

Honestly speaking, they don't bother me too much, they obviously hurt but you kinda learn to ignore ethe pain. I only use the crutches to satisfy dad's constant state of worry.

"Come on, breakfast's ready and we're gonna be late", I got off the bed and stumbled downstairs with my crutches and the sling on my arm. I sat at the table and a sad bowl of cornflakes was placed in front of me. I sighed and poked at it with my spoon. Dad watched me from the side while he drank his coffee.

"Please try to eat problem child", I looked down and hesitantly put a spoonful of cereal into my mouth, and soon as the milk and cereal touched my throat nausea took over and I felt the nonexistent contents of my stomach lurch up.

I ran to the bathroom and threw up,  that one spoon of cereal and plain bile now inside the toilet.

Dad rushed to the bathroom and rubbed soothing circles on my back, they helped a little bit.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you", I grabbed some mouthwash and swirled it around in me mouth before spitting it out and leaving the bathroom.

I cut some fruits and poured some lemon juice over iy then I put it into a lunch box and into a backpack. We got into the car and drove to school, the silence was deafening but I didn't care, not right now anyway.

Once we reached Dad left for the announcers box and I went to my classroom.

I opened the doors and everyone glanced at me, then I was tackled into a hug by half the class, it hurt quite a bit I didn't bother with it, it did make my stomach turn though, I still wasn't used to being around so many people and I still wasn't used to so many people touching me.

After everyone got off me Shoto helped me up and I smiled at them. "All the best everyone, I just wanted to wish you luck-"

"I don't need your fucking luck asshole! You should be in a god damn bed right now!", Kachan yelled at me but I saw the look he gave me and smiled.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay, I know you aren't participating but I don't think you should be up and about yet.", Momo said as her inner mom took over.

"I'll be fine, it doesn't even hurt that much, I'll get going though. All the best everyone!", I said as I waved my hand and limped away.

I got to the announcers box and collapsed on a chair. I took my fruit out and nibbled on a piece of apple, dad extended his uninjured hand from his chair and I gave him a fork with a piece of melon on it, he took it and chewed on it. I stood up and pushed my chair closer to the glass so I could see everything.

"Heyyyy little listener!", Papa Zashi said as he entered the small room. He didn't use his quirk but it was still extremely loud. I winced at the noise as my ears rang a little. Dad glared at him and he apologized.

"It's alright, you didn't mean to", I said as I smiled. He nodded and hugged me then he sat down and did his job.

"Izuku, put your headphones on. It's gonna be loud", dad said with an exasperated sigh. I did as I was told and I was happy I did cus it got loud real fast.