"was such a bad idea,"

Ophelia sat in her Charms class chewing on the end of her feather quill when a smirking Gryffindor boy sat beside her

Ophelia sat in her Charms class chewing on the end of her feather quill when a smirking Gryffindor boy sat beside her. She turned her head with a blank face to look at James. "How is it going?" He asked the girl who furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you want?" Ophelia asked in reply. "Marlene has told me about a new record shop. Are you free this afternoon?" James asked as he messed with his hair. "Is it a date?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. "Only if you want it to be." He replied with a wink. "5pm, courtyard." She said to the boy who nodded.

"Love you." He quickly said as he placed a kiss on her forehead. "Love you." She replied as he moved back to his seat by Sirius who pulled a face of disgust at them.

"Don't look at me like that. At least we don't suck each others faces off in class." James replied. "We suck something else as well." Sirius said with a wink which made Remus choke and Ophelia put her head down on the desk laughing loudly.

~☕︎︎~

Ophelia waited in the courtyard of the castle for the boy, clinging onto her coat as the autumn wind made her shiver. James then walked through the hallways towards the Ravenclaw with a knitted hat on.

"Nice hat." She complimented with a smirk, trying to hold back her laughs. "My mum made it." James replied as he pulled it down closer to his head. "She's very talented." Ophelia replied as she messed up the boy' hat before they headed down to Hogsmeade where the pub ,the Three Broomsticks, stood.

The pair stopped off at the pub to grab a cup of butter beer, one of James' favourite Wizarding world treats. The Three Broomsticks was one of the best places the get a mug of the sweet drink.

However, Ophelia couldn't finish the last sip of her drink so James quickly finished it off before they left the pub for the record shop. He helped her pull her jacket up her arms before walking with his arm around her.

James was slightly ahead of her so he pushed the door to the ship open which made the small bell above ring, catching the attention of the worker who smiled at the pair.

James nodded in reply as Ophelia looked around in wonder at the shelves of records stood. "They have the new Queen record!" She exclaimed as she dragged the boy towards the record.

With wide eyes, she picked up the record and inspected the image on the front. Meanwhile, James leaned on the wall staring at the girl with a smile on his face. "What?" She asked when she noticed him staring at her. "Do I have something on my face?" She asked.

"Just beauty." He replied with a smirk as he placed a kiss on her forehead. Ophelia then began to pretend vomit. "That was disgusting." She told the boy who snickered as he took the record off of her and heard towards the counter.

"2 galleons." The cashier told the messy haired boy. "Woah! What are you doing?" Ophelia asked when she hurried towards the boy. "Paying for it." He replied. "Absolutely not. I'm a independent woman and I can pay for my own shit." She told the boy as she pushed him away with her hip before handing the money to the worker before thanking them and walking away with the record under her arm.

"I was fine with paying for it." James told the girl as he held the door open for the Ravenclaw. "Well I wasn't." She replied with a shrug as she pulled the plastic wrapping off and into a bin that they passed.

The pair then headed back to the Gryffindor common room to play the new record Ophelia had bought. As it was rather late, the main part of the common room was empty so James jumped onto the sofa whilst Ophelia hurried over to the record player.

She clapped her hands and stomped her feet to the heat of the first song which made James chuckle and sit up to look at her. She then walked over to the sofa and fell back so's she was upside down.

"Do you come here often?" She asked the Gryffindor boy with a wink which made him roll his eyes. She then spun her legs around so she was sat properly on the couch beside him.

James let out a deep sigh as he spun so his feet were up on the arm of the chair. He then leaned down so his head was resting in her lap, allowing her to play with his messy hair. "Do you ever brush it?" She asked which made him shake his head.

He then placed a hand on the back of his neck and pushed her head down so their lips could touched, their eyes closed before she slowly pulled away. "What was that for?" She asked with a slight chuckle.

James then sat up again which made her furrow her eyebrows. "Ophelia, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked with a hopeful look. She let out a sound of thought as she looked around the common room. "But what would I do with all the other boys?" She asked with a smirk which made his eyes widen.

"I'm kidding." She chuckled. "I prefer you over the others." She added as she leaned in again and pressed their lips together, her hand on the back of his head and playing with his hair again.