"it was a bad idea,"

Ophelia sat in her potions classroom, drumming her quill on the edge of the table

Ophelia sat in her potions classroom, drumming her quill on the edge of the table. Slughorn then noticed how the girl was paying very little attention on his teaching. "Miss Thompson, I suggest listening. You will be taking your O.W.Ls this year which are incredibly important." The Professor told the girl before continuing his teaching.

Ophelia looked up and attempted to pay attention but the teacher's word started to stress her out so much that she could hardly hear the words which left his lips.

The lesson finally came to an end and Ophelia flung her bag over her shoulders before leaving the classroom. However, waiting in the hallway was Evan Rosier. "Not listening in Potions." The Slytherin said with a tut. "You'll get no where in life." He added with a sly laugh. "The day you become minister is the day mud-bloods will be equal to us."

Although Evan used it as an insult, this only made Ophelia smirk before leaving for the library.

Because she had left the classroom so quickly, James had lost sight of. "Have you seen Ophelia?" He asked Remus beside him who shook his head. "You looking for your little girlfriend Potter?" Evan Rosier asked with a smirk.

"You sound jealous Rosier." James replied with a mischievous smirk as the Slytherin scoffed. "Why would I be jealous that you're dating that mud-blood?" He asked with a laugh.

James' jaw clenched as well as his fist which he pulled back before punching the Slytherin on the cheek which made his neck snap in the direction he punched.

The Gryffindor then quickly left down the hallways and started to scan the castle for the Ravenclaw until he found her in the Gryffindor common room with Lily.

"Why did you run off?" James asked as he placed a kiss on her cheek before sitting down on the couch. "To make a plan." Lily replied as she scribbled something down on a large piece of parchment.

"For what?" James asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Me becoming minister of magic." Ophelia said as she highlighted some words. "Are you sure you'll be able to do it?" James asked which made them pause and stare at him. "What is that suppose to mean?"

"I believe you'll be able to but you're a female and muggle born and ,although it's sad, your chance of being elected is slim." James explained which made her sighed. "Then I'll be the first female muggle born minister." She replied with a shrug.

"Done." Lily announced before sticking the plan onto the wall of the common room.

~☕︎︎~

It was now Halloween night and a party was being held in the Room of Requirement however Ophelia didn't show up. This was because she was in the library studying Charms.

James ,who did go to the party, stood in the room with furrowed eyebrows. "Have you seen Ophelia?" He asked Marlene who had wandered over to fill up her cup. "She's in the library the boring cunt." The blonde girl said drunkly.

James nodded before leaving the Room of Requirement for the library. When he walked into the library, he could head scribbling coming for a desk by a window. The rest of the room was empty and the candles had been blown out expect for a single candle which lit up the desk where the Ravenclaw sat.

She did not see the boy sit down on the chair opposite her until he cleared his throat to get her attention. "You're distracting me of my studies." She told the boy as she looked back down at her book. "How long have you been here? You need to take a break." The Gryffindor said to the girl who scoffed.

"If I want to be the minister of magic, I can't take a break." She replied as she flicked over to the next page. "What about if it's to get drunk?" He asked which made her pause for a moment to think before she shook her head.

"At least stop for something to eat." James begged which made her sighed. Carefully, James took her feather quill off of her and put it down on her book. "How do cinnamon rolls sound?" He asked.

"What are cinnamon rolls?" The Ravenclaw asked with a confused face. James gasped loudly before grabbing her hand and dragging her to the kitchens.

~☕︎︎~

"You're taking too long. I need to do an extra 20 minutes now." She told the boy as she looked down at the clock on her wrist. "You can't rush perfection." James replied as he pulled the of the oven and onto a metal rack to cool.

He then drizzled the icing over the hot cinnamon buns before serving a piece to the Ravenclaw. He watched as she lifted up a forkful and took a taste. "Fucking hell! This is the best shit I've ever tasted!" She exclaimed.

"It's my mother's recipe." He told the girl as he got a piece for himself. "Do you give me permission to kindly shag your mum?" She asked which made him shake his head.

But then she glanced at her watch and quickly ate the rest of the sweet treat before hurrying back to the library. James let out a frustrated sigh as he followed the girl back. "That break wasn't long enough!" He shouted at the girl as she was far ahead of him. "It was long enough!" She shouted back. "That's what she said!" James shouted which made her sigh and roll her eyes.

James decided to not go back to the party and stay with Ophelia in the library, even though they weren't speaking. He sat watching an occasional strand of hair fall into her face which he pushed behind her ear.

He would smile lightly every time she furrow her eyebrows and chewed on the inside of her cheek as she scanned through the book beside her.