"it was a bad idea,"

The train the came to a halt at Platform 9 and 3/4

The train the came to a halt at Platform 9 and 3/4. Ophelia stood up and pulled her suitcase off of her shelf before following the crowd of students off the train. This is was it. She was finally done with Hogwarts.

James interlocked fingers with her as they walked over to Fleamont and Euphmia who were trying to hold all of Sirius' suitcases.

~☕︎︎~

It only took a couple days for Lily and Ophelia to fully move into the small cottage James' mother had found.

It was located a couple streets away from the Potter Manor. The cottage was made out of bricks which had been painted beige however it was starting to chip. It had a thatched roof which had a single chimney emerging out of it.

All the windows were small but enough to look out at the village surrounding them. There was a back garden which was no where near the size as the one at the Potter Manor but it was big enough.

Ophelia had watched all of her friends join the Order of Phoenix to battle against the Dark Lord and she even debated joining herself. But she decided to wait until her results on her O.W.Ls came before deciding her next move.

So the morning that they were joking to arrive, her and James sat in the tiny living room of the cottage. Ophelia tapped on her finger nails impatiently which made James chuckle before taking on of her hands and interlocking their fingers. "They'll be great." He said warmly before kissing the back of her hand.

Then, an owl flew towards the window with letters in its beak. Ophelia jumped up and hurried over, quickly reading the ink on the back. "Lily!" She shouted up at the red head girl to get her to come down stairs.

She then took the last two and jumped onto the seat beside the messy haired boy and handed him the letter. Ophelia let out a deep breath before running her finger under the wax seal before pulling the parchment out.

Her jaw fell open and her eyes widened with shock. Her brown eyes scanned down the column of results. All of them were 'O's.

She jumped up and started to dance around the living room which made Lily and James stare at her with looks of confusion and concern. "I got outstanding in them all!" She shouted.

"I told you that you shouldn't worry." James said when she fell back down next to him. "You should get into the Ministry extremely fast now." Lily said as she sat on the arm of the sofa.

And Lily was correct. Ophelia signed up for a place in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic and by the next week she had a job there.

Ophelia woke up early the morning of her first day. Lily had also woken up early to make sure she had everything ready so when she went downstairs, breakfast was already made:

She quickly ate the eggs on toast before getting changed. Ophelia pulled a pair of grey suit trousers up before buttoning up a white shirt. Finally, she put a black belt through the belt loops of the trousers and brushed through her hair.

"Right I'm off." She told Lily before throwing her jacket over her shoulders and appariting out of the small cottage.

She had appeared in a fireplace which expelled green fire when she apparated into the Ministry. She then stepped out and took in the main hall of the ministry.

Located at one end of a very long and splendid hall with a highly polished, dark wood floor were multiple elevators. The peacock-blue ceiling was inlaid with gleaming golden symbols that were continually moving and changing like some enormous heavenly notice board. The walls on each side were panelled in shiny dark wood and had many gilded fireplaces set into them. Every few seconds a witch or wizard would emerge from one of the left-hand fireplaces with a soft whoosh; on the right-hand side, short queues of wizards were forming before each fireplace, waiting to depart.

Located in the middle of the hall lay the Fountain of Magical Brethren. There was a fountain with a group of golden statues, larger than life-size, standing in the middle of a circular pool. Tallest of them all was a noble-looking wizard with his wand pointing straight up in the air. Grouped around him were a beautiful witch, a centaur, a goblin, and a house-elf. The last three were all looking adoringly up at the witch and wizard. Glittering jets of water were flying from the ends of the two wands, the point of the centaur's arrow, the tip of the goblin's hat, and each of the house-elf's ears.

She then noticed the crowd heading towards the elevators so she followed them, queuing up to get into the cramped transport. Finally, she got in and had to be squeezed against the wall. Suddenly, the elevator went backwards before rapidly flying upwards. "The Department of Mysteries." The lift man announced.

She thanked the man before stepping out and taking in a deep breath of the bustling hallway. The floor, walls and ceilings were made with the same black tiles as of the hall had been covered in tar.

"You must be new." A silver hair man said to the girl who nodded. "Ophelia Thompson." She greeted with her hand out to shake but he stared at it with disgust. "Follow me." He ordered before walking down the hallway.

"Wait here." He ordered sternly before stepping into an office. She felt as if she had just found the next Matron in her life which made her roll her eyes.

She guessed they were going through her file which was tell them her grades as well as her wand history or spells used on her.

"It says here she was oblivated." She overheard a female woman say. Ophelia's eyebrows furrowed. "I remember why," The older
man sighed. "Her parents were killed by Greyback. We oblivated her just in case she knew something but she may remember some things as she was rather young and the spell isn't extremely effective in children." The man explained.

Ophelia froze still, her eyes wide open when they opened the door to the office. "Follow me this way," He ordered but she didn't move. "I couldn't help but over hear my parents were killed by Greyback." Ophelia said which made him stop and turn to look at her with an eyebrow raised.

"That is correct." He replied. "I've never known anything about them." Opehlia added which made him sigh. "Ask Sally in there and she might be able to tell you some things." He said, indicating to the assistant who checked her files.

Opehlia nodded before hurrying in to the office. It was that day we're she found out more about her parents then she had ever heard in her life. Her mother, Ella Thompson, worked as a primary school teacher at the local village school whilst her father ,James Thompson, worked on the fields around the cottages of Yorkshire.