chapter 14 : perks of dating the boss

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

I abruptly woke up to the feeling of Evie shuffling around in bed. I look to my right to see her and my eyes brought me to a book she was so calmly reading. I didn't know she read. After staring at her for a while I realized she was still completely unaware of the fact that I was now awake. So I went to ask her what she was reading but then I took the time to actually realize the situation in hand. Me and Evie in bed together practically cuddling. It was too much for me to think about without my heart feeling like it was going to beat out of my chest.

Her bed hair looking more beautiful than I could've ever imagined. Then she shuffled in bed once more I took this as a time to let her know about my awakened presence. "What you reading?" She jumped back almost like she was afraid of me. "I- I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I say quickly and worriedly wondering why she reacted that way. "No, no it's okay you just suprised me that's all." She says still not convincing me that that's the true reason.

"Oh okay well that's good anyway back to what I was saying what are you reading?" I say wanting to quickly change the subject not pressing further into the situation because I didn't want to upset her in any type of way. "This? Uhm it's called The Passion Of Dolssa you should read it." She said the thought of reading a book making me want to barf. "I'll pass I don't do reading." I said blankly. "Why not?" She asked. "I don't have the time to read." I said truthfully. "Well you have time now come on i'll read to you." She says full of excitement.

"Do you really have to?" I ask in a whiny tone. "Yes, I do." She says sarcastically. "Fine. But only one paragraph." I say not wanting to give her the satisfaction of reading me one full page. "Yes, your highness." She says quietly thinking I didn't hear. "Hey I heard that!!" I say in a playful voice. She acted like she didn't hear me and began reading. "You were too young to know what happened during the war years, and even since. Your papà and I shielded it from you as best as we could. I was aghast. What has that to do with me Mamà? I'm not heretic! Is that what you believe of me? Hush! Mamà glanced at the door." Her words abruptly stopped when I interrupted her.

"Boringgg!!! But you know what's not boring? You!" I say voice getting higher with every word. "That part was getting good." She argued. It was now my turn to ignore her. "And me!" I quickly got ready to finish my sentence. "Going on a trip to Miami!!" I say she looked at me with a blank confused face. The excitements not kicking in yet is it? "But we have work?" She asked confusedly.

"Well this is work, Technically for me atleast and well you are my assistant so thats means you get to come toooo!!" I say dragging out my words. "But if it's for work then what's fun about that." She asked still not completely sold on the whole thing. "We only have a few meetings to go to we can still have fun after." I say trying my hardest to get her to give in. "But what abo-" I quickly stopped her from saying anymore. "Please just say yes I promise everything is going to be fine!" I say hoping she says yes.

"Okay fine." Her anwser suprised me. "Really?" I asked still not conviced she actually agreed to go. "Really! Hopefully it will be as fun as you say it is." She says while smiling. "It will be. Now can atleast get one more hour of sleep before we have to go to work." I said in a sleepy voice. "Yeah come here." She says while motioning me to come closer so we could cuddle.

- 𝗔𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝗯 -

𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

"Good morning Kayla!" I said while standing at the front desk with my arms crossed on top of it. "Good morning. What are you doing here don't you have work to do?" She asked with a confused look on her face. "Well it's still pretty early so work's kinda slow so Lex said I can chill for while until things pick up." I said blankly. "Wow do you think Lex would be up for a threeway relationship?" She asked emphasizing the "Lex."

"I- Oh my gosh Kayla what are you talking about?" I said barely being able to form words because of how shocked I was. "Whattt I want in on some of the perks of dating the boss toooo and hey can't blame a girl for trying." A ginormous smile eruted onto her face as she spoke. "What perks are you speaking of?" I asked knowing she wouldn't have an anwser. And I figured I was right due to the crickets that were echoing through my ears. That was until I looked up and saw Kayla looking behind me her face as if she just saw a ghost. I then heard a voice and footsteps approaching beyond me.

"Excuse me, do you two young ladies know if Alexis is in yet? I'm her fiancé Alex."

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀😏