82

Note: 용수(YongSu)

-

Third Person's POV
Knock. Knock. Knock.

The knocking of the door alerted Y/N of someone's presence just outside of her room.
She placed her pen down, shutting her diary close as she tucked it neatly and safely into her bookshelf.
Hidden amongst those ordinary books was her precious personal diary, no one would've guessed for it to be kept at such an obvious place.

Y/N had just finished writing her first diary entry in a long while.
Just mere moments ago, she had felt so much better emotionally after sharing her woes with her diary. However, once the first knock resonated, the feeling of unease and dread only strengthened as it loomed heavily in Y/N's heart as if trying to crush her.

Standing up, Y/N picked up her jacket that hung over her chair. Once she placed it on, Y/N went over to the door, opening it with a small click.

"Hello, what do need, H-hoseok?" Y/N spoke before getting a little startled at Hoseok's sudden appearance.

However, it only took Y/N a split second to slip into her normal personality.

"Y/N" Hoseok spoke, his voice deep and filled with undeniable sorrow, along with immense confusion.

"You said to look for you when we wanted to know, and here I am."

"At this time of night?" Y/N was puzzled.

"It's urgent." Hoseok smiled weakly.

Y/N nodded as she proceeded to sit cross-legged on her bed, patting the space in front of her as an indication to seat.

"What do you want to know first?" Y/N questioned.

"Who are your parents?"

Y/N's hands trembled as she knew what Hoseok was talking about. Y/N was now made aware of the fact that Hoseok knew, and she was afraid.
Was this what she was so paranoid about this very night?

"Isn't this about you? Why are you asking about my birth story instead?" Y/N tried to remain calm, though her quivering lips behind her smile reveals her nervousness.

"Y/N, you should know, shouldn't you?" Hoseok whispered out, his eyes never leaving the soft sheets of Y/N's bed.

Y/N bit her lips as she scrutinized Hoseok's body language. She nodded her head uttering a quiet, "mhm" to confirm Hoseok's statement.

"Tell me the story Y/N, please. I'd like to know the full details." Hoseok's head looked up for a moment before going back to his downcast look.

Y/N sighed as she begins to speak, having no intentions of hiding anything from him, "Angel is my mother, and L/N Hwangsoo my father as you should already know."

Hoseok nodded.

Y/N continued, "Hwangsoo cheated on his wife, your mother long ago, this fact shouldn't be foreign to you. However, Hwangsoo left your family for Angel. Ultimately choosing her over you guys. At that time, Angel was pregnant with me, and she told Hwangsoo that the child was his which was an important pivotal factor that led to the decision of him leaving."

Hoseok closed his eyes, saddened and unable to cope with the fact that whatever that was written in the letter was true thus far.

"Years later, as you should already know, Hwangsoo died. Some say it was a suicide, while others speculated that it was a murder. Angel was one of them. She believed that his death was all a murder plot, planned by me and executed by 용수. Why? Because 용수 was there before Hwangsoo died and saw his death too. Plus Angel claimed to know her husband well enough to understand that he would never kill himself" Y/N paused for a moment.

Hoseok's fist clenched.

"However, neither was true. Hwangsoo's death was not suicide nor was it a calculated murder scene. It was an accident."

Hoseok let out a soft gasp at that revelation.

"In reality, 용수 called to meet Hwangsoo to reveal some information that he was kept in the dark of by Angel. It was in regards to my birth."

Hoseok looked puzzled once more as he glanced at Y/N, "What do you mean by in regards to your birth?"

"It means as it is. Information as to who my biological father was. Turns out Angel lied to Hwangsoo. I wasn't his child. I was someone else's, but Angel deceived Hwangsoo into staying by lying to him that I was his child."

Hoseok gasps softly. His heart leaped a little as he felt relieved that Y/N was in fact not his sister.

Y/N smiled sadly, "However, due to Hwangsoo being in so much shock of being lied to and betrayed by Angel, he was in a state of disbelief and delusion causing him to wobble, and with one misstep, he fell. To his death."

Hoseok's eyes widened.

"Though 용수 didn't directly kill Hwangsoo, he is still some form of a catalyst. Despite so, I don't believe that he is to be blamed. I'm not saying this because he's my gang mate and friend, but because it was true. It was an accident, no one wanted it to happen, and 용수 couldn't have known that it would lead to Hwangsoo's death. Plus, 용수 only wanted to tell Hwangsoo the truth. To ensure that he doesn't live his whole life in the dark." Y/N looked towards her ceiling as she spoke.

Hoseok's eyes wavered, with his mind in a mess as he slowly processed the information that he was given by Y/N.

"I-I-" Hoseok wanted to speak, but he was unable to do so, his mind wasn't loading fast enough.

"I-I'm sorry..." Y/N whispered out, her voice so soft that Hoseok almost missed it.

"What? Why are you apologizing?" Hoseok was stunned.

"It's my fault your family was torn apart. If it weren't for me, you would still..."

Hoseok didn't know what to make of that as he denied, "No, my family was already apart before you even existed. Plus you weren't even self-aware at that time, you were just a fetus"

Y/N smiled softly at Hoseok, "Thank you."

"No, thank you." And with that, Hoseok left Y/N's room in silence.

As the door to Y/N's room clicked shut, Y/N sighed a breath of relief, "that was too close, too close... I wouldn't have resisted if he- never mind."

-

Hoseok's POV
As the door clicked shut, my hands loosened and I dropped the pen knife that was hidden in my palms, within the folds of my jacket onto the floor.

The penknife fell to the ground with a soft clink as I stared blankly at the fallen blade.

"What was I thinking?" I muttered under my breath.

________________

Author's note:
You guys are such awesome people T0T. Thank you so much for reading my story and coming this far. I've said this many times, but I really appreciate it 💞

Oh and a small fun fact, I failed my English essay... Yes, it is worst than an F, it is classified as ungraded 😖. This kind of makes me wonder how I'm writing this when I'm failing my composition... Language being 9/20 😃.

Anyways, please don't mind any errors(for I'm sure there'll be many as seen from my poor grades), feel free to vote and comment. Stay safe and

Stay happy readers! (・ω・)

P.S.
If you like Haikyuu, I've actually published a new Haikyuu story called System X. Please do check it out (*❛‿❛)→ or if you'd like to support me, you may donate to me at https://ko-fi.com/starstarcheers(link is also on my profile page)