Chapter Fifty: Something off

Note: Cuss words!

I woke up feeling strange. It was like the world was still the same, but I felt uncomfortable.

I glance down at Celestia who was sleeping peacefully besides me and reached out to stroke her head. The feeling started to grow stronger as she opened her eyes and smiled at me.

Something was off, but I couldn't figure out what.

"Good morning." I half-heartedly smiled at her before getting up. I could feel her eyes on me as I dressed and turned to face her lounging on the bed. "Lets break our fast." I held out my hand towards her.

Celestia slides off the bed with a flirty smile before taking it then stretching up to kiss me on the lips. 

I froze as disgust briefly rears it's ugly head before I pulled away in shock. "Let's go." I quickly brush over my actions and lead the way out of our room. 

::::::::::

"Does Tia seem strange to you?" I ask Kimbra as I watched her walk around the garden from my office window. I had managed to convince her to take a walk outside while I was working and quickly called Kimbra in once she was gone.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what was bothering me. I kept feeling revulsion each time Celestia touched me. 

I have watched Celestia for over 14 years: I knew every single habit and movement she makes. However, even though she seems exactly like her usual self- I knew something was wrong.

I wanted to see if anyone else close to her would notice as well. 

"I'm not sure." Kimbra says finally, standing next to me. "But I think I see what you mean. Have you asked Suli or Jewel yet?"

I paused. Suli was Celestia's familiar, so he would be able to tell me if there was something wrong with her.

:::::::::

"I-i'm sorry, Your Majesty." A male servant trembles before me. "Master Suli had gone on a walk a few days ago.... And has yet to return."

I glared down at the sweating man at his words, although I knew it was no fault of his own. Apparently, Suli and Jewel would randomly disappear for days at a time, which wasn't really a surprise but this time it was horrible timing.

With them missing, I wasn't sure how to get rid of this feeling that has only been getting stronger. There are too many coincidences.

"D*mn it." I roughly pushed back my hair and slammed my hand into a wall causing the man to flinch. "Return to your duties."

He quickly bows and leaves the room as I sighed deeply to try controlling the feelings that threatened to overwhelm me while Kimbra looks at me with concern.

"Alaric-" She starts to say when a knock on the door interrupts her. 

"Enter." I turn to look at the door, hiding my feelings behind a passive mask.

"Excuse me Your Majesty." Valerie enters and bows. "There is someone here to see you."

"Who?"

"She calls herself Quinn?" That was when I noticed that Valerie was slightly shaking as she spoke; I still had my oppressive aura out. I took at deep breath and forced myself to relax which allows Valerie and Kimbra to sigh with relief.

"Bring her in." I sat down at my desk as Kimbra stood besides me. A few moments pass before another knock echoed throughout the room. "Miss Quinn, Your Imperial Majesty."