39

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

"Alright, today is the first day of finals. Please listen to all directions because this day is quite confusing. Finals will be taken in blocks one and three today. Two hours in each class which means you have two hours to take your test." The teacher spoke as she handed out lined piece of paper to each student.

Reaching his desk, she slammed the paper on the desk causing Jahseh to quickly lift his head up.

"This isn't the time to be sleeping in class." She remarked, giving him the side eye. "You should've already gotten enough sleep nights ago instead of staying up and partying." she continued passing out pieces of paper.

"Prom was just two nights ago though, so of course we'll be up partying." A student told her, the rest of the glass agreeing.

"Finals is more important than prom. If your finals aren't finished, you won't be walking across that stage. As if some of y'all are even going to." The teacher muttered, slamming the paper again on someone else desk.

Jahseh leaned back in his seat, putting his hands in his pockets. His teacher continued talking and he tuned her out. He look at the clock seeing it was eight thirty in the morning. He let out a yawn wanting to lay in his bed and sleep his life away.

From being up all night with the gang, they went to bed around three in the morning. Not to mention all of them chilling again the next day. It wasn't even on purpose, but they were having such a good time, sleep wasn't even on their minds at the time. Unfortunately, with lack of sleep he could barely keep his eyes opened for so long.

The loud speaker shrieked causing some of the students to jump. Jahseh rub the bridge of his nose as the principal started talking.

"Alright, at this time, finals have finally begun. Teachers you can now start your two hour timer. Students must remain in class until an announcement is made. Everyone good luck and I wish you all the best." He stated before the loud speaker shrieked again before turning off.

"You may now turn your tears over and start. Your time begins now." The teacher said, starting the timer on her phone.

Jahseh sigh lowly, flipping the thick stack over. He tapped his pencil against the desk just staring at the paper. L

"I don't have time for this."

"No, it was the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, the Indian Wars then World War 1

"No, it was the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, the Indian Wars then World War 1."

"No, after the Indian Wars there was the Mexican war, Civil War, then the World War 1. Right?"

Jahseh shook his head as he listen to Angel, Dexter, and Eli talk about their test. They were all just going back and forth trying to figure out if they got it right. They finally came to a conclusion that they ALL were all wrong. He leaned back on the bleachers then look around the packed gym. Everyone was in the gym waiting to be dismissed from school.

It was packed and even had a heavy sweaty aroma from most of the kids. Everyone just wanted to go home, but they couldn't until they bell rung.

"Is she sleep?" Angel asked him after getting his attention. Jahseh lifted up his hoodie and look down at Blu. She was laying on his lap knocked out.

"Yup." He answered. "Knocked out." he flickered her lip with his finger before putting the hoodie back over her head a little.

"The fact that we have to do this all over again tomorrow. I can't freaking deal!" Dexter exclaimed, laying back on his Eli. He place a kiss on his temple making Dexter smile.

"Your not the only one. I can't even hang out with my baby because of it." Angel frowned looking at her lock screen of her boyfriend, Chris.

Her and Chris had been on the down low since the beginning of the school year. They just so happened to be put in the same class and even worked together. She ended up having a crush on him, but never made it known because of her status and Kaycee. She knew they would talk about her because she was into a nerd, but now Angel didn't care. The two of them liked each other a lot.

"You do know Chris is just on the other side of the gym right?" Jahseh remarked and Angel quickly look over at him.

"Really?" She asked and he nodded his head. "Where?"

He pointed to where he was at, Angel looking before getting up. She grabbed her stuff then got down from the bleachers. Dexter and Eli started laughing as they watched her run over to where Chris was sitting.

"A nerd and a popular girl...clique setup."

"They're still cute though."