Chapter 49

Hi guysss! 

It might just be me, but I feel like Alec from Shadowhunters would make a perfect Rex if he had more muscle on him (though I honestly might change my mind in a few months, I just love the brooding being he is). Like dayummm I wish that boy were real and not gay *le sigh*. I also have a thing for guys with, like, really muscly arms--its my weakness, what can I say? 

Anyways! Here's another chappy cause I was still on a rolllll! 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! I added some stuff last minute, and tried to edit it, but can't promise there won't be mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow! 

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 49

       "I thought you wanted to see my apartment." Jax teased beside me later that afternoon while I stared blankly at the living room wall. He had called a few days ago to let me know the apartment was ready, but I had been too lost inside my self-destructive thoughts to make the trip there sooner.

       My eyes snapped to his bright blues and I shot him the best smile I could muster. "I did! I do!"

       "Then why are you staring at the wall? Do you not like the color I picked?" His small smile fell and I instantly shook my head.

       "No, no its perfect!" It was just a soft eggshell color, but my affirmation brought that smile of his right back to his eyes.

       The apartment itself was surprisingly pretty spacious for the price he was paying—then again, it wasn't the greatest area of Jasper to live in. A fact which kept Rex grumbling quite a bit during the entire ride there. Besides that, it was a really nice place. There were two bedrooms, two baths, and an elegant counter-island separated the modern kitchen from the living room.

       "Then what's wrong, Bae?"

       I shrugged and let my gaze drop sheepishly to the floor. "Just thinking about the exams I have coming up." The words were a forced mumbled, and I knew there was no fooling Jax. I never could. Those bright blues shot through my lie easily.

       "Right. Hey, careful with that!" He shouted in horror as Denton picked some solid glass vase off a shelf and tossed it between his hands.

       The childish Dimajio shot us a guilty smile before placing it back down. "Sorry, you just have a bunch of cool shit—stuff here. Sorry Buttercup." Denton added at the curse word slip, which made me smile.

       His boyishly cute smile turned apologetic, but didn't lose an ounce of that mischievousness, before he practically skipped to Brett. The other twin was too busy looking at a shrine dedicated to Jax's favorite football team to notice the exchange. Bringing them here probably wasn't a good idea, but when I had announced that we were going to visit Jax after school, the others automatically thought that included them too. I didn't have the heart to tell them no, despite Rex's visible exasperation.

       "He's like a child." Jax huffed under his breath and continued to stare uneasily at the clumsy Dimajio who refused to stop touching everything.

       "He is a child." I laughed softly and let my eyes flicker towards Rex.

       He and Trey were talking against the only empty spot of wall in the corner of Jax's rather large living room. Rex's arms were crossed over his stony chest, and despite the hard set in his jaw, his gaze was soft when he glanced over and saw me watching. Rex winked and I couldn't stop the blush from licking at my cheeks.