November Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 5

Chris POV

The reception is in full swing as everyone waits for the bride and groom and their wedding party to finish with photos.  I don't really know anyone outside of the family so I just find my name card and take a seat at the table to wait.
  Announcements of the bridal party begins. When Daphne is announced I see her walk in with one hand on her hip and the other waving her bouquet in the air as she sways her hips from side to side as she saunters to her spot along the dance floor. I'm truly amazed. One moment, she's shy and timid, afraid of letting herself go and truly be free. And then the next she's a walking ball of sass, full of confidence. Don't get me wrong though, I love both sides of her. 
  I am honestly shocked that I've fallen as fast as I have. It's evident that we were meant to meet, even though it took numerous attempts without us even knowing it.  There is not a single part of my life that I want to go back to the way it was before August 10. Since 'officially' meeting Daphne at the school my life has been brighter.
  After Hazel and Oliver have their first dance as husband and wife, the pastor blesses the food. The bridal party finds their seats and the room is filled with chatter and laughter as the catering company begins to bring out dinner.
  Daphne sits down next to me, her eyes wild with excitement. She wraps her arms around my neck and gives me a kiss. "I love you," she tells me. "Just want you to know that."  I hum a sigh of contentment. "Love you too babe." 
  "This looks delicious! I haven't eaten since breakfast," she says as she puts a fork full of green beans in her mouth.
  I decide it's time to feed her ego a bit while she feeds her appetite. I lean in right against her ear, "your body looks amazing in that dress. Don't think I knew you had those curves."  I pull back and watch her. She shivers from the goosebumps the whisper caused, but my favorite is that pink glow slowly covering her cheeks as she digests the words I've told her. She doesn't refute me but leans over to my ear and whispers a thank you before she gives a gentle nibble to my ear lobe before pulling back. I give her a quick quirk of my eyebrow and place the attention back to the meal in front of us.

Daphne POV

  I must be beet red right now. We are flirting out in the open but yet there's a secrecy of it between the two of us. It sets my stomach to flutter and my heart racing. 
  We continue through the three course dinner. Cracks are made between everyone at the table as it feels just like a weekly family dinner. My heart is full. Today is a good day.
  The meal comes to an end and I catch Hazel's eye. She gives me the nod letting me know it's time. I excuse myself to grab Rene and join Hazel. The DJ places 3 chairs out on the dance floor. "I need the following gentlemen to come join us on the dance floor. Oliver Jeffries, James Jeffries and Chris Evans," he announces.
  Chris shoots me a look, unsure of what is about to happen because I conveniently kept this to myself. The DJ instructs them to each sit in a chair. Ollie sits in the middle with Chris and James beside him. I take my spot next to Hazel. Suddenly Shania Twain's Any Man of Mine blasts through the speakers and we start our dance. It's safe to say Chris's face is the shade of a tomato now.  We each have a 'solo' during part of the song. When it gets to mine I go over and sit on Chris's lap with an arm around his neck. 

Any man of mine better be proud of me
Even when I'm ugly, he still better love me
And I can be late for a date that's fine
But he better be on time.

  As it reaches the line 'he better be on time' I playfully tap him on his nose.
  The routine was fun, got a lot of laughs. But I'm exhausted at this point. I decide to sit back at our table to rest my aching feet. Chris joins me, telling me how much he enjoyed my sassy performance.

  After a few minutes I decide to go talk to a couple of high school friends that made the trip up. Being twins Ollie and I did have a few of the same friends, but not many.  We'd been talking a few minutes when I felt a hand on the small of my back. Chris looks at me and asks me to dance. "Of course."
   I recognize the first few chords of the song but it doesn't completely register.  He twirls me out a couple of times before I recognize it.