Eating Disorder • N.R.

[Reader...]

I'm currently working out in the compound gym when Carol walks in.

"Hey y/n, back in the gym I see?" I look at her confused as to I never took a break from the gym to begin with.

"I never left, Carol?" I tell her in a questioning tone, she looks like she didn't really pay attention until she seen me staring at her intently.

"Huh? Oh, looks like your you know..." she says blushing of embarrassment from the comment she made

"No, I don't know?" I tell her

"It just looks like, you've been... chunking up." She says finally letting out her thoughts, my heart dropped. I always had body image issues since I was younger. I've suffered from a eating disorder since I was eleven. So you hear that I was 'chunking up' was a knife to my heart.

"Hey! Hey! Don't worry! You look fantastic still! Chunking up isn't bad! You just gotta own it!" She says trying to save herself. I nod, acting as if I was shrugging it off, making a joke from it.

"Yeah, oh no worries. I finally get to play Santa Clause this year for the hospital visits this year." I tell her giving a fake giggle, acting as if what she said didn't tear my heart out of my chest.

"Yeah, the way I'm going too I'll probably play Mrs. Clause" She says laughing along, I give a fake realistic laugh as I say my goodbye to Carol. My chest felt like someone was twisting a knife.

I went to the room Natasha and I shared, and took off my shirt. Natasha was currently on a mission outside of the states for a while, so I could judge my own body without interruptions.

I lowered my shorts below my navel so take a look at my stomach, I grabbed the fat that lined my stomach feeling the knife twisting even more on my heart.

Just shrug it off, y/n. Carol didn't mean it, she didn't mean it.

I told myself as I got my towel and headed towards the showers. After my shower I headed downstairs to get something to eat after my workout, I was hungry.

I look around to see if anyone was around and grabbed my favorite snack, popcorn. Suddenly Tony came in with his bluntness and immediately noticed me eating the popcorn and furrows his eyebrows.

"Steering away from your diet? Y/n you we're doing so good!" He says disappointed, I look at him confused

"I was never on a diet, Tony" I say lowering the popcorn that had yet to be popped. He looks at me confused before getting a look of realization on his face

"Oh wait! Sorry! That was Wanda! My bad, y/n." He says turning around embarrassed and walking right out of the room. My cheeks were red with embarrassment, was I really that big? That not one but two people commented on my weight in one day?

I put the popcorn away and opted out for a quick 'Naked' smoothie heading back to my room and laid on my bed. I began to go over everything in my head. God, I miss Natasha. She was the only one who could make me feel better.

Later I went into the kitchen to begin cooking being that I was the only one who knew how in the compound. I made the team pasta except for Wanda, for her I made a healthy version of pasta but substituted the pasta for broccoli, she loved my healthy cooking, she said it made the diet so worth it.