Chapter Eleven

I came out of the bathroom, furiously running the towel over my wet hair and Aster chuckled from where he was sitting on the couch

"Come here, darling." He motioned with his finger and I walked over to him, sitting on the ground in between his legs.

I handed him the towel which he used to gently dry my hair before he startled untangling the knots with his finger.

"How're you so good at this?" I asked.

"I...I used to do it for Stella, my sister." He said, his voice hoarse.

"Oh." I didn't press much, not wanting to ruin the mood.

After all, it was Christmas Eve.

"There you go." Aster said, patting my head and I tilted it up towards him to smile.

"Thank you."

"You can go shower now." I said and he nodded, getting up and going to the bedroom to get his clothes, I presumed.

He came back out with a pair of grey sweatpants, a towel and the bath bomb in his hand as he threw it in the air before catching it.

"Hyacinth." He said.

"Yes?"

"Will you take me up on that offer yesterday?" He asked and I tilted my head in confusion.

"What offer?"

"To see me surrounded with bubbles and pink water." He told me with a grin and recognition dawned on my face.

"Y-You said you were kidding!" I retorted, aghast.

"I was." He nodded his head. "But I changed my mind"

"I've been doing your hair for awhile now and I would really appreciate it if you helped me out by washing my hair and then you can even see what you've been wanting to see ever since you saw the bath bomb." He teased and my face remained in a dumbfounded expression.

"Only if you want, of course." He said and when I still didn't respond his teasing grin dropped and instead he flushed in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry that was really stupid of me." He rushed out. "I don't know what I was thinking."

And then he disappeared in the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

Oh my god, what just happened?

Did Aster really just ask me to help him wash his hair while he's in the bath?

I mean.. it's not that weird right?

I slapped my cheeks to wake myself up and then I felt the guilt settle in. God he must have felt so embarrassed.

I gnawed on my bottom lip as I thought of what I should do.