13

I lazily flipped the page of the Vogue magazine I was reading.

"Are you listening?" Carter, the blonde asked.

"Totally," I responded looking up at him and flipping another page.

We were in a hotel not far from the casino and I was getting tired of being here. The place had an annoying white and gold theme going on and even though everything was beyond luxurious, I hated it.

I sat at the white table with gold legs and even golder chairs if that was possible. The place was hurting my eyes. Erik, the new hacker Maddox talked about, was stationed near me, typing away at his computer with marvel themed stickers. He was a scrawny 16 year old who I didn't think much of until he easily got us the video we wanted.

"Where's Peyton and Lily?" I asked, tired of being in this room. I wanted to get out.

"Lily is working on making Peyton look like Esmee. They should be done in a few and be here to get you ready," Felix answered for me where he was lying on the white couch, his face covered with a black cloth, literally the only splash of colour in this place.

"Vittore?" I asked.

"I'm not sure what he's doing honestly. Just know he always comes when it's time to leave," Carter said, looking over a few papers.

"Good to know," I commented quietly and went back to the magazine.

The place was blissfully quiet for a second before Maddox burst through one of the bedroom doors. "I did it!" he cheered causing the others to sigh in relief.

"Did what exactly?" I asked.

"I finished getting all the things we need to get into the vault. Thumb print, retinal scan, voice recognition and... hey Erik, do you have the passcode?" We all turned to Erik expectantly.

"Da," He said not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Then that settles it. We are good to go," Maddox said setting a few things on the table.

A recording device, a light cream coloured glove in a glass case and a small black box.

"I take the eye is in the box?" I asked.

"Yeah but it can only be opened and used once. This is some very delicate tech," Maddox said.

"Hey Felix, come help me with these," Carter said looking at one of the blue prints with a frown.

"I can't. The lack of dark colours in this room drains me," he mumbled. I felt the exact same way.

"Felix!" Carter snapped.

"Fine," Felix resented getting up. By the frown on his face I could tell he was so not happy with the change of events.

"How are you going to get millions of dollars out the door of a casino?" I asked finally realising I hadn't asked questions that far.

"Well, they store things in the vault in metallic containers that are about the size of a hotel service cart," Carter started to explain.

"Each cart can hold about fifty million so we need to take out like three or four," Felix added.

"Lily will be in one of the hotel rooms at the casino and ask for some food from a waiter who fortunately, is the emo boy next to me," Carter said taking a seat and picking up some papers.

"Ok, but what's Peyton's role then?" I asked.

"To go in the vault like the real Esmee does and accidentally leave it open," Maddox told me.

"So you guys think this is going to bloody work?" I asked.

"If you do your job right then yes," Felix said giving me a cold stare. I nodded, sighing and going back to the magazine. I knew I would do my job right. I never fail at these things. They didn't call me the Jade Scythe for nothing.

The main bathroom door swung open and a smiling Lily walked out. "Hold on to your pants everyone. Introducing the new and improved Esmee Fox!"

Peyton walked out of the bathroom but I honestly was shocked. She looked just like Esmee, down to the last bloody detail. Peyton now Esmee, put on a resting bitch face.

"Bow to me peasants and bring me some wine," she said crossing her arms.

"Damn Lilly! She looks great!" Maddox praised causing Lily to blush.

"Thanks," she said unconsciously playing with a strand of her blonde hair. Her eyes went dreamy for a second before she snapped back to reality.

"Come on, I have to do your make-up too," she said to me. I got up with a sigh and followed her into the bathroom. The place was littered with make-up products and smelt strongly of flowers. I wrinkled my nose.

"Take a seat and we'll get started," she said motioning to the chair she set up. I took a seat and Lily stood behind me.

She put a hand on her chin as she stared at my hair. It was long, curly and even through it was soft and silky, very hard to tame.

"How about you work on my make-up and out fit and I'll do my hair," I said and Lily nodded.

"That seems better cause I don't think I can do this," she said gesturing to my hair. She picked up some concealer and I shook my head.

"Make it as light and natural as you can. Trust me when I say putting lots of layers won't help," I said. My skin was smooth and didn't have a single pimple. It had been that way since they injected me with some chemical at the "safe house".

I could do my own make-up but if I had someone else to do it for me, why not take the chance. I just sat back as Lily begun to do her magic. I'd do my hair after wearing the dress. It was the only way I could guarantee the final look.

I had read a file on Elliott Hillingham. Very cold and powerful man. I also knew he'd married before, a woman named Ciara Kaur. She was a professional figure skater with a heart of gold. Looking into her deeper, I found out they met at one of her competitions, Elliot had gone to do God knows what and they hit it off.

Ciara didn't seem to have any family issues or tragic history of any sort which made my work easier. Elliot had a thing for women with some sort of delicate perfection. Someone strong but shy, cute but sexy, kind but vengeful. I could work with that.

I was going to make Elliot fall in love with me or Mabel Cole, the name I was going with. This should be fun.