23

Maybe she would not be there every second but she stayed with you for a long time until Daniela comes in and tells Alcina that Bela found Ethan.
The woman gives her daughter a nod and gives you a last little kiss on the forehead before she leaves.
She tells you that she will come back for you as soon as possible and you stay in her room, a little frightened that something will happen to her or the daughters.

Being left alone in that gigantic castle with the monsters everywhere out there is a terrifying thought.
What would you even do then?

'Don't think about it. Too much has already happened today, you don't need more to worry about' you sigh and drop down into Alcinas sheets again, before you close your eyes and let the pain of your loss flow through you.
Too little time for the three of you. Too little time and not enough words that were exchanged.
You could only hope that they are in a better place now and it at least went by quick without them having to suffer too much.

Crying with only the soft playing of the gramophone in the background you lay in her bed, motionless and scared.
You feel terrible but there is nothing you can do in that moment to make it any better.

You're not sure how much time you spent lying there, calming down and tearing up again, and again, but when sudden steps seem to approach the room your gaze drops down from the ceiling and falls on the clock on the wall. Two hours have passed and the fact that you can't recognize the sound of the steps makes you nervous.

'What if it's him', you think and your fist clenches around the blanket.
There is a moment of complete silence.

And then the door busts open.

Your heart stops and your stay completely still as the person enters the room.
,,This is her chamber", you hear a man whisper and it is clear that it is him.
'What am I going to do now, oh my...' beside your already overwhelming amount of emotions you now also start to panic and Ethan begins to wander around the room. It seems like he doesn't notice you, at first and then his steps stop

,,Is someone in here?", Ethan asks loudly and you hesitate. What's smarter now, to stay where you are, silent, or to show him that you are there?
'why would he try to hurt me...' you think and push yourself to slowly raise your head from the pillow, sitting up straight.
,,Yeah", you say, your voice sounding dry and he looks at you with a expression of utter surprise and confusion.
Sure, you did cry for a good amount of 120 minutes so you probably don't exactly look the best, yet that's not a reason to stare at you weirdly.

,,What are you doing here?", he then asks and takes a step closer to you.
,,Crying", you say dryly and cross your legs beneath the blanket.
,,Why?", he responds but you decide to ignore his question.
,,What are YOU doing here?", you ask instead.
,,I am searching for something", he says and huffs.
,,You won't find that here", you say and you actually just want him out of the room, even though it might be safer to keep him here for now. At least you can be sure he isn't hurting Alcina, Daniela, Cassandra or Bela that way. Or what if he already did?

,,Are you sure?", Ethan replies and you can sense that he doesn't exactly trust you.
,,Yup", you say despite not even knowing if that's the case and you wipe your cheek dry with your left hand.
Ethans eyes roam around the room for a moment before he turns back to you and takes another step forward.
,,Can you help me find it?".
,,You know, I am kind of busy here", you say emotionless and he rolls his eyes.
,,You don't look busy though".

,,Listen, you little shit. I've lost my friends, okay?", you say, staring to become a little angry with him and now he backs away with a suprised look ,,They died. I don't care about helping you. And I don't want to".