❣︎Chapter Thirteen❣︎

"I still can't believe you let him watch this." Terushima huffed under his breath.

Y/N shot him a death glare upon hearing that. All of her anxiety has slowly faded away and instead she was just filled with a lot of annoyance.

"So, do you have a job?" Terushima spoke up, facing Tendou.
"No I do not." He responded curtly.
"Hmm..and you are helping Y/N..? With no job..?" He asked slyly.
"Yuuji." Y/N warned from the kitchen.
"What? I'm just asking your FRIEND a question." He emphasized the word friend as if to put him in his place.
"Drop it. He only watches Haru sometimes for me." Y/N sighed, stirring some rice.

Terushima hummed in annoyance as he side eyed Tendou.

"So then what's your job Terushima-san?" Tendou forced a smile onto his face.
Tendou visibly saw Terushima stiffen at the question. Tendou's fake smile grew into a shit eating grin.

"..don't have one." He mumbled while looking away.
"What was that? I don't think I heard you properly?" Tendou taunted, getting closer with his hand cupping his ear.
"I am currently unemployed." He said louder this time.
"Yeah I thought so." Tendou shrugged before taking a seat next to Haru.

"So Haru want to play with legos with me?" Tendou asked.

Haru only nodded his head in response.

Tendou took out the bin of legos and they began building things together. Haru didn't smile but you could see the sparkle in his eyes.

Y/N smiled at the sight while Terushima frowned. In all honesty he didn't like the fact that Haru talked to Tendou more than him.

He did just meet him today but still. It was HIS child for fucks sake.

Terushima watched them for a little longer before rolling his eyes and plopping down on a seat near
Y/N.

"Yes?" She hummed, noticing his presence.
"How did you know I was here?" Terushima asked, shocked.
"I'm a mother I have to pay attention to my son even while I'm doing things." She shrugged, grabbing spices out of the cabinet.

"Right..man it's still so weird to hear you call yourself a mother." He groaned, rubbing his hands down his face.

"Well get used to it." She stated bluntly.

There was an awkward silence between the two after that. The only noises were the sound of Tendou and Haru and the food sizzling on the stovetop.

"Y/N I'm sorry for leaving you two years ago." He finally blurted out.
"What's done is done." She said.
"I know, but it was horrible of me. I should have stayed with you. We could've raised Haru together but-"

"But we didn't because you were too much of a little bitch to man up and take responsibility." She finished his sentence, smiling innocently at him.
"I wouldn't have worded it that way..but yeah." He mumbled in defeat.

"Look." She turned off the stove to face him.
"I don't hate you. I really don't. I just wish that you wouldn't try to fix things now after all these years. I was FINALLY moving on with my life. I was content with just me and Haru...and occasionally Tendou...I was finally starting to breath again after you and Kuroo. Then you had to come back and now eith my emotions it's like I'm at square one again!" She rambled.

Terushima held his head downcast, staring at the floor while she ranted. He realized just how much she was hurting.

"And on top of that Tendou makes things confusing a lot and I don't even know what his intentions are and..and..and my rent keeps getting higher and I don't have enough money for it without picking up more shifts but that would mean I would need to pay the nanny extra and I am just so stressed!" She stammered out, starting to hysterically cry in front of Terushima.

"Y/N...?" He started at her, both confused and worried.
"No it..it's fine. Let me finish cooking." She sniffed, still crying.

She turned back on the stove as Tendou walked over.

"Why are you crying. Why is she crying? Are you okay? Is she okay?" Tendou turned back and forth between the two has he tried to calm you down by rubbing her shoulder.

"She..just..started crying after telling at me..is she always like this??" Terushima asked, furrowing his brows.

"Shut the fuck up I'm not always like this." She sniffed again while flipping the food on the stove.
"What's wrong Bread-chan." Tendou cooed.
"Saaatoorrriiii. I just burned the fish. It's all your fault Yuuji." She whined as she threw the fish in the garbage.
"You must've really ticked her off." Tendou scoffed quietly so Y/N couldn't hear them.
"She was just talking about how stressed she was between her rent, your mixed signals, and my sudden appearance." Terushima explained.

"Ah I see." Tendou slowly nodded his head.
"What do we do?" Terushima whispered.
"Hm..." Tendou looked around before a smirk appeared.
"Just watch." Tendou said.

And so the two men stood back and just waited. Tendou knew what for but Terushima did not.

A couple seconds later little footsteps could be heard.

"Mama." Haru walked over to his mother who was still crying while making more fish and tugged on her pants.

Y/N looked down at him and her lips stretched into a warm smile.

"Yes baby?" She asked, picking him up.
"Look." He held out his hands. In his hands were a heart made out legos.
"Awee Haru I love it. You are so good at building with legos." She kissed him in the cheek and put him down as she grabbed the heart.

"She..actually stopped crying. Over a lego heart." Terushima stood there, shocked.
"Yep. That's Y/N for you. Haru truly makes her happy. Well that and ducks." Tendou chuckled.
"D-ducks?" Terushima mumbled.
"Yeah. She says it's a 'bittersweet memory'." Tendou recalled.

"O-oh." Terushima's face contorted into a sad smile as he reminisced the memories.

Tendou looked at his face and then Tendou's jaw fell open as he connected the dots.

"Waaaiiiittt. Don't tell me..nooo whyyy Bread-chan." He dramatically clutched his heart as he spoke to himself.

"Why Terushima-san. Why does he have to be the one you share you duck loverness with." He whined.

"You know, she always told me she hated ducks. But I always made her go to the pond with me because I liked to feed them." Terushima spoke up.

"Of course." Tendou grumbled, feeling salty that he is the reason she likes ducks.

"She goes to the pond by us every morning to feed the ducks before school. Always. She never fails to." Tendou stated.

"Really..?" Terushima looked up at Tendou with hope in his eyes.
"Yeah." Tendou nodded.
"That must mean she still loves me right? That means there is hope?!" Terushima's eyes lit up.

"Woah woah woah. Don't get ahead of yourself buddy. She probably just likes ducks." Tendou frowned.

"By the way..do you have feelings for Y/N?" Terushima raised an eyebrow.
"We are just friends." Tendou stated.
"That's not what I asked." Terushima said.
"I...it's complicated. All I know is I like spending time with Haru and Y/N. So that's what I do. I don't need to stress about anything this way." Tendou sighed.
"Hmm..whatever. Just know, I will win Y/N back."

It was as if Terushima declared war with those sentences. It appeared the room temperature had dropped dramatically as they stared at each other.

"Boys dinner is ready!" Y/N called out as she placed the food on the table.
"Alright coming Bread-chan!" Tendou sang sotting down next to her.
"Coming." Terushima said, sitting in the other side.

And so they all ate dinner in a heavy awkward silence. And sadly, Y/N had to be in between the glares of two protective men.

A/N
Lmao I wrote this chapter a while ago but it didn't let me post it so I deleted wattpad and redownloaded it but it said I didn't have an account so I panicked. Luckily I was able to get back in. I'm glad I copied this chapter before that happened tho because I would've had to rewrite it if I didn't :)

Anyways Thanks for reading this chapter be sure to vote and stay safe, love you <3