Chapter Fourteen.

L O R E N Z OEdited

L O R E N Z O
Edited

Dad and I have been sitting in the lounge room for a few minutes waiting for the Romano's.

Apparently, whatever happened with the Russian's was important. Important meaning good for business.

Mama has been doing a whole lot better, she's off bed rest and has been walking around, but she uses a cane. Her body has been through a lot of trauma, but physio therapy helps her.

The door bell rings, and I hear the door open.

In walk Rafael, Diego, and Davina.

Diego looks perfectly fine, but Rafael and Davina are trying really hard to cover their disappointment.

Rafael was usually always happy to be able to tag along, I'm guessing Diego never really brought him along. While Davina just doesn't want to be there, you can tell by her facial expression.

But today, they're being extra moody.

Wonder what's up their ass today?

They each sit in their designated couch, and Diego smirks.

"I see the meeting went well with the Russian's..?" Dad says, leaning back into the couch with his arms crossed.

"They won't be bothering us anymore." Diego smirks, giving Davina the side eye.

"Hm, I can tell you're itching to tell us something." Dad points out, making me roll my eyes.

I play with the rings on my fingers, it's quite calming.

"Well, we made a deal with the Russian's" Oh shit.

"What kind of deal..?" Dad pushes, though we both know what kind of deal it is.

"They asked for Davina's hand in marriage." Diego smiles, looking at Davina. Davina looks at Rafael, and Rafael looks at her.

"And you.. agreed?" Dad asks, shocked.

"Of course, it would be stupid not to." Diego rolls his eyes.

I couldn't help but look at Davina with sympathy. She looks at me for a quick second, but leans back into the couch so Diego covers her upper body.

I frown, and look down at my hands.

Davina's getting married?