Chapter Thirty-Six

click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment

Six hours later the group were getting ready to get off of the plane.

They stepped off of the plane onto the connecting stairs, hit with pounding heat.

"Yes ma'am" Lillian smiled taking a deep breath "fresh muthafuckin air baby."

Maia shook her head taking Gina's bag from her "guh head young girl, tek yuh time." She told her as she and Henry made their way down the stairs.

"Takin her damn time" Mikah played with Maia's belt hoop. Jamal stood behind on his phone making sure airplane mode was on.

"As she should, guh long an tek yuh time mama."

"How long immigration take down here pretty."

He started calling her that recently, she was still getting used to it.

"Uhum, i mean- i ain been back since covid started, it should be a test, passport shit and then quarantine till the test come back." she held his hand as they walked down.

"how long that gon take though?"

"man ion know, depends on how fast people wan work."

"its hot" he pouted.

"Mikah baby, you are in the caribbean, the tropics, in the summer."

"do it even rain man ?"

"Don be an idiot, they in the middle of hurricane season, cmon."

so why the fuck it so hot he frowned trailing behind her holding onto her belt loop.

**
1 hour later

"that ain take that long." Maia walked out of the arrival doors towards a taxi.

"It was an hour.." Jamal look exhausted.

poor thing, he was wearing sweats.

"that's short bud, cmon let's get to this hotel."

**
45 minutes later

"Thank you." Maia got out of the taxi and paid her bit, Mikah did the same and went to take out all of the bags.

After checking into the rooms, they all settled and took a bath.

The group had a long day and were not as tired as the anticipated, but they were tired enough.

"You sleep already girl?" Mikah asked as he slid into bed beside Maia.

"nah, bout to though" She yawned moving closer to him.
_____________________________

Five Days Later

"I got my email this morning, i called Lisa and told her, she said she gonna send a taxi."

"She ain have todo that.." Gina sighed.

"I know, i told her that, but she own way." Maia rolled her eyes sliding out of the bed to walk onto the balcony.

"I got mine today, right before you called me, you hear from the two hooligans ?"

" Lilly sleeping and Jamal must be in the bathroom, but he messaged me and told me he got his."

"So only three people left until.."

"Yep, they probably have theirs, but we ain gine know till they get up."

"hm, ort, bye baby, talk to you later."

"Bye mama" She hung up and took a deep breath.

The past five days felt like an eternity to her, she hadn't been back for nearly a year, and instead of spending days on the beach and with her family she was stuck in a hotel room. Atleast she had Mikah.