30 || Security Breach

Izuku and Mei walked the sidewalk to school in a group of a few other U.A. students. Mei was rambling on about a project in her class when a huge group of people crowding the entrance to the school came into their view.

     Midoriya silently tapped her wrist, making her look up and take notice of the people. They were all talking at once, and even when they came closer, they couldn't hear any singular voice. Most were carrying cameras or microphones, the rest waving their notepads around.

     The media standing in front of the hero school wasn't new, but a group this large definitely was. One turned to the incoming students and stumbled over their own feet to get to them.

     Mei gripped Midoriya's arm and pulled him away from the ambush of reporters, who started trying to gain the attention of their schoolmates.

     Luckily, one of them was a 1-A student, so most of the reporters were focused on them.

     They tried to move through the reporters and through the gates as fast as possible, and while they did, a hooded man without any devices or notepads caught Midoriya's eye.

     He quickly scanned the man through the gaps in reporters. He couldn't see his face very well, all he knew was that he was fairly pale, like he'd been inside for a year. Sort of long blue hair spilled out of his hood, and his fingers twitched in anticipation.

     Midoriya lost sight of him as he was pulled to the other side of the gates. Mei turned to him, "Well, that was weird." She turned back to the school without a second of hesitation, "I'll see you all day, but you'll see me at lunch!" She hugged him and ran off.

     Izuku stared after her for a moment, sighing, "I'm getting increasingly worried the more she says things like that."

     The day was fairly uneventful in the beginning. The media had been at the gates for a while, though Midoriya saw through the window a few reporters leave after a while of silence (besides a few asks to leave) from U.A. staff.

     Present Mic was telling them about semi-colons. Not that most of the students understood, because that's a smart people thing. Togeike tapped Midoriya's shoulder, catching his attention.

     Izuku looked over at his friend. Togeike motioned to the crowd of paparazzi, "Do you know what they're here for?" There was a hint of nervousness in her voice.

     "Uh," Midoriya glanced at them, "I think they're here because they found out All Might is mentoring class 1-A. Not for us." He looked back at his friend with a reassuring smile.

     Shinsou turned around, "What, you scared?" He asked jokingly. Togeike scoffed and pushed down a smile, "No, but you should be." 

     Midoriya looked to where Togeike was pointing, only to find Present Mic staring curiously at Shinsou, "Little listener, are you talking to your friends in class?"

     Shinsou snapped back around, "No, sir."

     "Uh-huh. What are you two talking about, I love gossip." The teacher asked, walking over to the group of three. Their classmate snickered around them as they watched them get into trouble.

     Midoriya sunk into his chair, in a futile attempt to simply cease existing.

     Togeike shrugged, "This, that, how amazing I look today. The usual." She dismissed, looking down at her notes (which were filled with nonsense words as she hadn't been paying attention) and doodling on the corner of the page.