Chapter 32: The Escapee of Curdun Cay

Nobody's POV, 2-3~ Years Ago

Curdun Cay. Calling it a prison wouldn't be doing it justice. An Unforgiving, Inescapable fortress only matched by the Japanese prison Tartarus, Forced into creation by the the head of the (Now defunct) United States Department of Unified Protection, Director Brooke Augustine, and her mastery of concrete that not even the hero Cementos could match, for the purpose of holding and training dangerous individuals who had both not yet been able to be deemed a villain that could endanger the masses, and whose quirks were found to be exceptionally powerful or difficult to contain via conventional methods.

The Department of Unified Protection AKA the DUP is comprised of highly skilled and rigorously trained individuals from law enforcement units all over the country. Though not permitted to use their quirks unless a situation is dire, many of the officers never need to resort to their quirks, as even the weakest of them have the critical thinking skills, Physical/technical ability, and martial arts training to take down most villains that they are called in to deal with. Essentially, they are to the American Pro Heroes as the S.W.A.T. is to the average police force.

However, the inner dealings of Curdun Cay are not known to the public, and even the government officials who fund the facility. However, if either the public or Officials knew even the most basic of practices performed in this hellish nightmare of a prison, it would be shut down immediately.

Human Experimentation on the inmates in order to study their quirks, forcing them to undergo militaristic training that some don't survive, even simply torturing people under the guise of scientific research into quirks.

Hank Daughtry is one of the most infuriating inmates that this facility has ever had to deal with.

[Hank Daughtry] Quirk: Smoke manipulation | He's able to become smoke at Will, as well as Absorb smoke, or any similar substance which is then converted to smoke via unknown means, in order to heal wounds or fatigue, Superheat metal via concentration of the heat of smoke into his hands, and shoot smoke-based projectiles. He's nearly impossible to contain since he can pass through any non-air tight opening, Although it seems his hands are his 'anchors' to his physical form. Any smoke that he either produces or becomes no longer has a bearing on him physically, as it becomes normal smoke that he manipulates and not his body turned into a smoke-like substance. He is required to wear Heavy, Blast and Heat resistant, Full cover, metal hand restraints when handling him.

Containment has so far been relatively unsuccessful and relatively successful at the same time, While Hank has been able to escape his cell multiple times, he's never been able to escape Curdun Cay itself thanks to the intervention of Director Augustine.

Tartarus and Curdun Cay had been in contact with each other for almost as long as Curdun Cay had been around, due to them both containing some of, if not the, most dangerous convicts in the world. Due to this, and staff concerns over the obviously degrading mental state of the director, High ranking staff members such as senior researchers and combat instructors, along with the help of an outside influence of a man who simply by "Z" who was known to have particular talents in certain undisclosed areas, were able to orchestrate a prisoner transfer of some of the more dangerous inmates that they did not believe that any other prison could contain. The main one being Hank Daughtry.

During his transfer, after being transported via boat to japan, he was to be transported to Tartarus via AV. However, he never arrived.

Hank: "Shit, fuck, shit, shit, damn son of a-!"

His cursing would be called out if not for the fact that he had accidentally killed the driver and guards after crashing the AV.