Chapter 53

Aarav's POV

I followed Sachi and entered our room. She abruptly stopped and turned around.

"What happened over there?"

"Nothing much. The same what Advik told." I said and started moving away from her.

"Aarav, Please tell me the truth." She asked and gripped my hand. She was already very hurt and disturbed by today's event. Telling her everything means just increasing her worries. Her face clearly said that she was not going to let me go unless I tell her everything. I explained everything and told her about the reasons her aunty gave while justifying her horrifying deeds. A tear escaped her eyes. She looked very vulnerable at this moment. I just moved closer to her and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Didn't I promise you that I will bring him back safe. What's the whole point of worrying about it now? She is going to stay in jail for her entire life." I said and kissed her forehead

"I treated her like my mom or precisely speaking gave her more respect and authority. Never denied her word. Did whatever she asked me to do? Why couldn't she accept the fact that I am her family member? How could she stoop so low? Wasn't killing my parents and almost killing me enough that now she tried to harm our child. How can she do something so horrific to him." She said and I was just patting her back to calm her.

"You shouldn't have expected any kind of humanity from her. She is nothing but greedy and selfish. She proved it when she tried to kill you along with your parents. She is a close chapter now. So, stop thinking about her." 

"Thank you." She added.

" Why? What have I done?" I asked her with confusion.

"For everything. From coming into my life to accepting my love and loving me back even more than I could ever imagine. From tolerating my tantrums to handling my insecurities and fears. From supporting my every decision to helping me take correct ones. From..." She said. I felt overwhelmed by her words. I placed my finger on her lips to make her quiet.

"Shush...You are making me sound like a great person. I am an ordinary, imperfect person whose life changed after you came into my life."

"I don't know how many good things I have done or not, but I know one thing for sure getting married to you was the best thing that I did in my entire life. I love you, Aarav." She said and raised her toes and peeked on my lips gently. She moved back, but I pulled her closer to me and kissed her gently. I parted away from her. She was my life, and seeing her like this made me sad. She looked vulnerable. Maybe every bad moment was flashing in her mind right now.

I made her sit on the bed and kneeled in front of her. I took her hands in my hands and kissed her knuckles.

"Sachi. Stop worrying about her. She is in jail. I know you are scared but, I am with you and, nothing will happen to anyone."

"Aarav, I know you are with me but, the moment I heard about her captivating Advik. I couldn't stop myself from reminiscing that day. That day I lost everything, my family, my parents. I became an orphan. I don't want the same thing to happen again. I don't want to lose my family again. This time I will die. " She was shivering with fear. I never asked her anything about her past as I didn't want to open her wound. I raised myself and hugged her.

"Sachi." I said trying to stop her as she was not just remembering that day but also reliving it. The worst day of her life that she can never forget.

"Aarav let me speak, I have just kept everything within me for so long. She was complaining that Dadu named the property in my name. She killed my parents for that property, but what about the entire business that Bhai overtook. Dadu was never unfair to anyone. He named the  I don't understand from where all this venom came to her mind. The way she used to treat me posed all restrictions on me I thought she was just being protective towards me but she was trying to control me. If she would have treated me well just for the mere reason to get the property. I would have given it to her."