16. Stop staring

We were asked to finish our breakfast in our dorms

We were asked to finish our breakfast in our dorms...again! What's with these people trying to keep us away from the luxurious dining hall? Ugh eating in room is so messy. You gotta clean up everything and don't even remind me of dirty sheets if I spilled something. Me and lasya finished our breakfast which was lemon rice with toast. Leslie was again waiting for us outside the dorms...maybe to show us to our classrooms. We all made our way to the room she was leading us to. One thing I observed is that none of those people were coming out of the dorm building. Did they already leave? Or do they have a different door or something? Anyways...as we entered the new classroom...I began to take in the surroundings. The room was more like another auditorium but felt more like classroom with the biggest board, podium, benches arranged in a geometric fashion. The setting was almost like some grand classroom of ancient Oxford. Wow! These people get to study here for 5 freaking years? Awesome.

Then I noticed the audience. All tge students from their college are already present. When did they arrive? It's the same arrangement as yesterday.  They have taken the right two columns of seats and left the left ones for us. I also see that all of them have their coffee and different flavored drinks on their tables. There's no faculty present yet. We move and I take the 3rd seat from the front. I don't particularly like to sit at the back when I'm interested in what I'm learning...so I usually take the back seat only when I want to get lost in my thoughts. I don't want to draw too much attention towards myself either so I chose the third seat. Lasya takes the one beside myn to my left.

Two minutes into settling down I look towars my right to see them all dressed up so elegantly. They all definitely look handsome and beautiful. Lasya wasn't imagining it. Damn I feel I'm underdressed now. With my loose jeans and full sleeve oversized t-shirt...my hair in a ponytail and my glasses which almost covers my face..I bet they think I'm homeless or something. But I don't like putting too much effort to dress up for a place I go to study. It's not like I'm not into dressing up or something. It's just that I dress up for the place I'm going. What's the point in wasting time painting your nails, waxing your hands and legs, applying makeup when all you have to do is immerse yourself in the books? I find it very tiresome. Hence my college appearance is anything but appealing.

I like to keep it that way too

I like to keep it that way too. My hot girl vibe look is not for nerdy places. As I'm lost in my thoughts again I feel like somebody's watching me. I turn backwards to see who it is but find no one. All of them are busy scrolling through their mobiles. I must be really imagining things because of nervousness.

As I turn back to front something catches my eye or someone. He's here.
'Obviously he'll be here dumbo. He's one of them' He's sitting in the front bench to the right corner side. His back is toward my front and he's scrolling through his phone and seems like he doesn't give a damn about what's happening around him. He's wearing a white tshirt today and his hair looks so silky and soft see? Damn I'm jealous of his hair now. Myn almost resembles a broomstick! I see his friend sitting on the seat behind him. The one who was talking to him yesterday. I squint my eyes to take a better look at my guy...WTH! WHO'S GUY? YOURS? ARE YOU IN DREAMLAND? COME BACK!!! Fuck what am I thinking? My guy? OK calm down. It just came to my mind because I still don't know his name and to differentiate him from his friend my mind just came up with the phrase 'MY MAN'. I try to calm my racing heart by repeating this again and again.

Gosh I was staring at him again. I have seen the man twice after seven years and both the times I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. Do I secretly have a thing for guys who ridicule me? No way in hell. Fuck!! This idiot ridiculed and borderline insulted me in the past. Even if he was a teenager back then...I don't give a fuck...he tried to put me down so I'm not going to give him any fuckin attention. The explanation to my staring must be pure curiosity. Nothing else. Yes..that's it!!

*Guys whenever there's something in italics...assume that it's sakshi's subconscious mind talking. Thank you so much for reading. I know the story is slow paced..but I'm a sucker for details. Bare with me. Love you all💜 good day!!

P.S. I have so much reading to do😭😭 yet here I'm writing another chapter*