𝘁𝘄𝗼❀𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲

photo from @tet_24 on twitter

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

hello everyone! welcome back to chapter two, happy reading <3 and sorry for the lateness, I got lost in time  •́  ‿ ,•̀

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

"Greetings, both of you. Please have a seat", the pink haired man offered as he gestured towards the seat from across him.

"Greeting to you as well umm.." y/n hesitated realizing that she didn't know his name.

"Kaoru, Koaru Sakurayashiki", the man replied in a sharp voice.

"Right- Mr.Sakurayashiki", y/n corrected and took a seat next to Langa.

"Thank you for both sending in your CV, I've had a good look at the both of them", Mr.Sakurayashiki informed as he took a sip of his tea. The only thought that can cross y/n's mind right now is how can the way he drink tea be beautiful as well. Although she never sent him her CV, y/n did remember that she had sent it to Langa so he must've been the one to sent it to Mr.Sakurayashiki. "I don't want to keep you both here for too long so I'll get right down to business", the man added.

"Ms.L/n, I've read that you have finished your studies in Canada and has helped your father run his resort as well. All that topped with you working as a part timer in a bakery", Mr.Sakurayashiki informed with a professional tone. "But I'm afraid I can't hire you, It seems you lack experience in my field of work. I'm looking for someone who at least knows their way around calligraphy and it appears you have none" he continued.

"Oh-", y/n muttered out. Honestly what did she expect? She's never even done anything close to this, it is understandable why Mr.Sakurayashiki would not hire her. "I understand, thank you for considering", y/n thanked and slightly bowed her head.

"And as for the young boy here...I do apologize for not including the cause about age in the application requirements", he apologized.

"I see...", Langa plainly replied.

"I believe your name was..."

"Langa Hasegawa, age 17. Nationality, Canadian. And next to him, y/n l/n, age 21. Nationality, Canadian", an unknown voice spoke. Curious from where the voice was coming from, y/n gazed to where it came from and saw a pink light coming from an unknown machine on the table, in the letter of a 'c'.

"Thank you, Carla", Mr.Sakurayashiki thanked. The machine must've spoken to him, now she remember people saying how Japan is actually living in the future, with technology like these y/n wouldn't be surprised. Hearing the name Carla from Mr.Sakurayashiki, she is convinced that this is what he refers to the futuristic machine. "I feel terribly sorry as you came all the way over here, but I can't hire any minors."

"I see.", Langa replied, not showing much emotion.

Not having anymore things to discuss, they both left the building. "Well that didn't really go well huh", y/n laughed sarcastically.

"What a shame, the hourly wage there was good as well", Langa agreed. As they were about to leave, they both noticed a skateboard passing them, along with a desperate cry following it.

"Hey! Can you stop that?" a voice screamed. y/n look over to see a boy dressed in a pink shirt, crimson red haired and an injured arm wave to them. Accepting his request, Langa chased the rolling skateboard and picked it up, mumbling a few words after picking it up. "you saved my butt, transfer student!" the red haired boy pant as he stopped in front of Langa.

"Hm?" Langa replied curiously. Not wanting to be left out, y/n jogged up to the pair and stood next to Langa.

"You don't remember me? I'm Reki Kyan and I'm in your class!", the boy exaggerated.

"Oh, I'm sorry", Langa apologized.

"Apologise Kyan-kun, it's only Langa's first day of school so he still hasn't remembered most of his classmates names", y/n interrupted the two. The red haired boy turned his gaze to her with a confused expression.

"And you are?", he questioned.

"Sorry for interrupting, I'm Langa's older cousin, y/n l/n. But please call me y/n", she smiled as she raised both her hands in the air from embarrassment and laughing nervously.

"Oh! Pleasure to meet you! I'm in the same class as Langa, please call me Reki", the boy smiled as he put out his uninjured hand. y/n smiled back and shook his hand.

"Pleasure meeting you as well!"

"Anyways, wanna skate?" Reki smiled as he looked at both of us.

"Well, no thank you", Langa declined, slightly lifting up the skateboard to cover his face.

"You were totally looking at it, right?", Reki asked with a smile. Wanting Langa to make new friends, she nudged him forward. He glanced at her nervously and y/n sent him a confident smile.

"You boys hang out, I have to get back soon", y/n smiled as she looked up into the sky. Langa gave her a worried look but y/n only smiled reassuringly, she wanted Langa to make new friends as he is a very introverted person and is usually alone. This can be the birth of a new friendship and from looking at the type of person Reki is, y/n knew he is a great person to have as a friend.

As y/n walked away from the boys, the only thing she can wonder right now is where is she even going? Langa was supposed to take her job hunting, he did the most research for this but yet, y/n just left him with someone she just met. A loud thud came from behind and y/n turned to look around, it was quite a funny scene to look at. Langa was laying flat on the ground while Reki was laughing at him, must've fallen off the skateboard before even getting to skate. y/n giggled to herself, enjoying the scene before walking off.

"I can't go home yet..", y/n mumbled to herself as she walked to god knows where. The streets are busy as always and the only thing keeping y/n from going back home is facing her dad. She said no to going to university here so the least she can do is at least find a job that she can tell my dad about when she get back home. "Ughh what do I do now!" she groaned to herself.

Time flies as she kept walking around, the sun was starting to set and that was her cue to get back home and make dinner or else her dad will order takeout again. Today was such a waste, maybe if she had just dragged Langa with her instead of keeping him with Reki, she would've found a job. No, y/n can't afford to think like, Langa needs a friend that he can rely on and y/n can picture Reki being that guy. On her way back, something seemed to catch her eye.

'We are hiring' she read in her mind. The red bold letters on the poster caught her attention and before she knew it, she ran towards it. The poster was pasted in front of a aesthetic looking restaurant, working at a bakery can't be much difference from working at a restaurant right? Besides this is y/n's last chance to find a job today. And so, sucking in her breath, she entered the restaurant.

"Welcome! How many is in your party?", an employee spoke out to her from the counter. y/n looked over to where the voice came from, spotting a well built man, dark green hair and nice tanned skin.

"Umm hello. I saw a poster outside saying that you guys are hiring?", y/n replied, pointing to the poster that was outside with her thumb.

"Oh, you're here for an interview? I don't recall having to meet with anyone at this hour", the man replied.

"Oh um, I don't have an arranged interview. Long story short, I'm just on a job hunt today and well, this place is my last hope", y/n confessed, fiddling with her fingers to distract herself from how pathetic she just sound.

"Ah I see, well I can't keep a lady standing there forever. Come, I'll make an exception for you", the man winked and walked to the back room. y/n quickly followed him and was seated in the break room, where they are suppose to have their 'interview'. "Well then let's start with an introduction, what's your name?"

"Y/n l/n but please call me y/n", y/n introduced with a smile.

"Wow, what a beautiful name. It really suits a beauty like you as well. Anyways, I'm Kojiro Nanjo but you can call me Kojiro", the man named Kojiro winked. Honestly what a flirt, but y/n can't be rude, this is her last chance to find a job today. "And, why should I hire you?"

"Well, I don't expect to be hire as a cook here but any role is fine by me. I do consider myself as a helpful team member when is comes to teamwork as I am someone that is reliable. I used to work at a bakery too and helped my father run his resort, so I have good social skills. This restaurant stood out and so I was hoping I'd give it a shot here", y/n explained, hoping to get a good reaction from Kojiro.

"Well y/n.." Kojiro smiled as he propped his chin on his hand. "It sounds to me that you're almost desperate for this job".

The situation doesn't look good, it almost seems like Kojiro is testing y/n, not wanting to lose her cool, she took a big gulp and looked him dead back into the eyes. "I won't lie to you, I am desperate for this job. Whether you hire me or not is simply up to you but I'll have you know that I won't disappoint you. If you want, I'll even apply for an internship and you can decide after you've seen my progress", she confidently said.

"An internship ey? I'm the interviewer but yet, you're the one giving me choices, interesting..", Kojira smirked as he leaned back into his chair. Observing his reaction, it seems that y/n may have accidentally provoked him but she didn't intend on giving up. "Alright y/n, I'll take you up on your offer for an internship. When can you start?" he smiled.

"Wait wha? really?", she asked, clearly dumbfounded.

"Of course, I love that burning passion is you." Kojiro laughed and stared back at her. "So, when can you start?".

"Tomorrow!" y/n exclaimed and slammed the table with her hands. Kojiro flinched at her actions and chuckled nervously. How can she not be excited? y/n managed to reach her goal before the day ended. "Sorry about that, I'm just very excited", she apologized while rubbing the nape of her neck.

"Haha, no worries. Sia la luce is happy to have you as a new member", he welcomed with a warm smile.

Once the interview was over, y/n headed home right away. Her dad must've ordered take-out again, in the end, y/n still didn't manage to get back home in time to prepare dinner. "Dad, I'm home! Did you have dinner yet?" y/n yelled as she stepped through the door.

"Welcome home sweetie! I ordered us some sushi, come have some!" he yelled back. y/n walked to the kitchen and saw him placing the sushi's onto a separate plate.

"Dad, what did I say about ordering take-outs?" y/n groaned as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Yes yes, I know but you also know that I'm a terrible cook right? I wouldn't want you coming home to eat some slobs I cooked up, that would be nasty", her dad laughed. Well, he is right, he's a terrible cook and y/n took too long to come back so she'll just let him off this one time. "Come eat"

y/n nodded and went to take a seat across from him, all the sushi's looked really good and she can't wait to have them all go down her stomach. "So, what have you been up to the whole day?" she asked before putting a sake sushi into her mouth. Wow, it really did taste amazing.

Her dad looked up and that confident smile returned to his face once more. "I'm glad you asked. I have actually manage to find a job today", He said with a cheeky smile. y/n looked back at him, not knowing that she had the 'wow you? really?' expression on her face, y/n knew that her father is a very capable man when it comes to the world of business but it's still hard for her to believe it from the way he acts. He's a very cheerful and caring man around her but very strict when it comes to work. "Don't give me that look, I'm not useless okay?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, y/n laughed and shook her head playfully. "Of course dad, you're a very skillful person, of course you'd be hired right away", y/n complimented. He smiled back and nodded at her, continuing to eat his food.

"And what about you? How was your job hunting journey with Langa today?"

"Oh, yeah I left him with a boy with a crippled hand", y/n replied in a monotone voice.

"You what now?" he asked concerningly.

"Well to keep it short, I ditched him".

"y/n, that's not very nice." he lectured.

"Haha, relax dad. It's one of his classmates, his name is Reki. I just thought that Langa might need some new friends." she reassured before putting another piece of sushi in her mouth. Seeing her true motives, her dad laughed silently before shaking his head playfully.

"Well what else can I expect from you. Of course you'd do something like that", he chuckled, he then look y/n back straight in the eye and put on a devilish smile. "I don't know if you tried to avoid the topic, but did you manage to find a job as well?"

"Haha, in fact I did!" y/n cockily said as she crossed both her arms.

"Okay, Let's say what are jobs are on the count of 3 okay?"

"Fine", she agreed.

"Okay okay. One...two...three!"

"Intern at Sia la luce!", y/n yelled.

"Inventory manager at Sakurayashiki calligraphy!", her dad yelled at the same time.

"Woah woah, what did you say?" she questioned, slamming her fist on the table.

"Uhhh..Inventory manager at Sakurayashiki calligraphy?" he repeated.

"Wow", y/n blurted out. From what she knows, her dad also doesn't have any experience in calligraphy but yet he got hired instead of her? She only has two theories to why this Koaru man accepted her dad's application and not mine. One, he probably sees more potential in her dad as a manager than her. Or two, he has a thing for handsome older men. Her dad is pretty good looking, her mom used to tell her how she had to compete with other women to be with him. Although it's probably not theory number two..y/n was just annoyed that her dad was chosen instead of her.

"You don't sound very happy for me, what's wrong sweetie?", her dad asked with a worried tone. y/n looked away, not wanting him to see how red she was from the embarrassment.

"It's nothing", she answered.

"Ohh, I know that tone anywhere y/n. You're bothered aren't you? Tell me what's wrong?" he insisted in a serious tone. y/n slowly turned back to him and sighed heavily, knowing that she can't hide stuff from her dad.

"Sigh, fine. I also applied to work at Sakurayashiki calligraphy but they turned me down", y/n sighed, waiting for her dad's reaction. The room was quiet for a bit and it was rather awkward as well, her dad didn't say anything and only stared at y/n expressionless.

"Pffft! You're meaning to tell me that we both applied to the same place but I got accepted and you got turned down!? Hahaha!", he bursted out laughing. y/n rolled her eyes at him and got up to put her plate away, regretting her decision to tell him in the first place.

"Whatever, I'm going to my room", y/n replied in an annoyed tone. Quickly washing her plate and putting it away, she dashed upstairs to her room.

"Goodnight sweetie~", Dad called out to her.

Once entering her room, she sighed heavily before dropping down onto her bed. It was honestly a very long and exhausting day, she definitely deserved to get some sleep after all that. As she was about to head towards the bathroom, her phone started vibrating.

"Ugh, what now?", she said annoyingly and reached for her phone. "Hello?"

"Hey are you free right now?", Langa asked from the other side of the phone call.

"Umm, I suppose?", y/n answered.

"Can you meet me, I have something to tell you".

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

okay, this chapter is slightly shorter than the first but there's more interesting things happening here than the first chapter. If you enjoyed it, then why not click the vote button? :> thanks again everyone!