CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE✔️

dedicated to -CareBear for her sweet comment!

TWENTY-THREE | WE'RE HAPPY, FREE, CONFUSED, AND LONELY AT THE SAME TIME

Arabella woke up to a sound of total chaos. There was yelling of different voices. The strawberry-blonde sighed and squeezed her eyes shut. She was going to have to fix something again.

"What the hell is going on?" she snapped when she vamp-sped down.

"You tell me, is Katherine out of the tomb?" the doppelgänger questioned.

Arabella rolled her eyes. "Quit the act Katerina, I know it's you."

Damon pinned her against the wall and Elena came running down the stairs.

"What is going on?" she demanded.

Katherine flipped her and Damon and said, "It's getting easy being you."

Elena glared at the older brunette. "What is she doing here?"

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb," Damon declared.

"Let me guess, she begged you not to dagger him to which you did because you knew the compulsion would leave her there, and now she's here,"'Arabella said. Damon stayed quiet.

"Moron," mumbled Arabella, shaking her head.

"How's that possible?" asked Stefan.

"He's an Original, they have all sorts of special skills," Katerina replied.

"I don't want you here, get her out of here!" exclaimed Elena.

"You need me Elena, you all do," Katherine declared.

Stefan scoffed. "Like hell!"

"We all want the same thing—Klaus dead. Yet here you are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off," Katerina said.

"Good lord, let me tell this to you now—Klaus cannot be killed. There's only one thing out there to kill him—"

"—What is it?" asked Damon.

"And it doesn't exist anymore because we made sure it was destroyed," Arabella finished, glaring at Damon.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it. I've got Bella, and that's enough," Elena said, looking at Katerina.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming? What he looks like?" Katherine said.

"Bella does," Stefan argued.

"If you know something, say it or get out," Damon snapped. "We've got Bella to help us, we don't need you."

"Fine, then I'll just go to the grill and have some lunch. Maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite," Katherine said.

"How are you so sure Bella will help you?" Arabella snapped. "Now, if you excuse me, I need to change for school." Stefan and Elena walked out.

"She's not going to go for you," Katherine declared, watching the strawberry-blonde exit.

"How do you know?" retorted Damon.

"We may be in a rough patch of our friendship, but I've known her 300 more years than you have. Once you hurt Arabella Mikaelson, there's no going back. She holds a grudge like no tomorrow. You would have to put up a fight, and fight past her family and herself if you want her. You've got to be up for the challenge Damon," Katherine said with a pointed look.