Preparations

Karl led them to a bigger space and it turns out the revving came from there.

There were a lot of Soldats, as how he called them, lined up on different sides.

Every line was different with different heads and weapons attached to them.

Karl pridefully showed them off to them both as he made a few more adjustments to the machine-creatures. The way he boasted about them was childish, and he always turned to look at her and Ethan's expressions whenever he showed a new one.

Miranda really did a level on the Lords.

Bela touched one and it almost immediately turned its head to her.

The Sturm Karl was talking about had a chainsaw propeller for a head.

She cringed at first but figured that he was creative enough to have named it better than it looked. And she still had a bit of trauma from her arm getting cut off by the chainsaw.

But hey, surely it would help in defeating whatever Miranda had in store for them.

Bela still couldn't move on from the pain she felt when her heart was ripped out of her chest, thus she also couldn't forgive Miranda.

Karl said that he had been working with creating his army for years on end without any rest.

Bela knew well enough of his hatred for the other Lords, mostly her mother, but she never thought that he would have created the Soldats not for any of them to use, but to be used by him against Miranda.

She never thought Karl actually had the guts and wits to try and fight the witch.

A few minutes in he asked for Ethan to help him adjust some machinery with the Soldats.

And it turns out that Ethan already had all four flasks, the third one he got from Bela's coat and the fourth Karl said he directed for him.

Ethan left the third one with The Duke and the fourth he still had in his jacket.

-----

An hour went by, with all three of them only adjusting what could be used for battle before Ethan received a call from someone named 'Alpha'.

He picked it up and he told Bela that Chris and his team were also on the village.

She was surprised. Since when have they been here?

Bela shakes her head.

There's no need to waste time thinking about that. All she needs are extra help.

...but then again she also wondered how her mother and sisters were faring. Cassandra did her wrong, but she still loved her younger sister.

And hopefully her mother would forgive her for what she's done. She only wanted to save them all, after all, and that's including the other Lords.

She buttons her lab coat as to not make the dress shirt hole from where she was pierced visible. The blood was everywhere but she didn't mind it as much as the hole.

Ethan calls her.

-----

"Bela!" Ethan called and Bela whipped her head around to face him.

She raised a brow as Ethan huffed, "Chris and his team arrived."

Bela's brows raised before she nodded, going to the direction from where Ethan came from.

The man walked with her.

-----

Soon enough, they reached the entrance and there littered Chris' men and Chris himself.