Chapter 7

As soon as Kakashi entered along with others, Chiyo, mistaking him for white fang, attacked him only for Naruto to block her and Shikamaru to immobilize her using his shadow.

"Please refrain from attacking Kakashi sensei," said Shikamaru in a serious tone.

"I will never forget what you did back then, Konoha's White Fang," said Chiyo angrily, and Naruto facepalmed.

"Obaa san, please take a closer look He may look like him a lot, however, he is his son. White Fang died long ago after being betrayed by his comrades and villagers," said Naruto, and Kakashi raised his eyebrow.

"Yes, Chiyo. Remember, you cried that you wouldn't be able to avenge your son's death," said Ebizo.

"Yeah, I was just acting to go senile. But what do you mean 'betrayed by his comrades'?" asked Chiyo.

"During one mission he prioritized his team's safety and thus the mission was a failure. He was then ostracized by the villagers and the ninjas," said Naruto.

"Then it's his fault. The mission is the priority, that's the number one rule for shinobi," said Chiyo.

"Remember this grandma, those who break the rules are scum, but those who betray their friends and comrades are worse than scum," said Naruto in an icy cold voice.

Chiyo and Ebizo were shocked for a moment. Their whole life they had prioritized the mission, yet a kid here just discarded their notion like anything.

"You're a kid, you don't understand the shinobi world. What are you, a genin?" asked Chiyo.

"He is a jonin with 99 B-rank, 42 A-rank, and 25 S-rank missions, so he knows his fair share," said Shikamaru.

The next moment, they heard the groan of Kankuro.

Naruto disappeared from beside Kakashi and appeared next to Kankuro with Chiyo feeling only a gust of wind.

He placed his hand on Kankuro as a translucent cloak of chakra covered him.

"Sakura-chan, Kurama's chakra will slow the poison and relieve the pain, please check upon him," said Naruto.

"Yes. Kakashi sensei, Temari, Shikamaru, please take a few steps back. Others too," said Sakura as she put her hand in his mouth.

"What are you doing?" asked a Suna shinobi.

"I am a Konoha medical ninja and apprentice of fifth Hokage Tsunade sama. Please let me check upon him," said Sakura as she proceeded to examine him. A few seconds later Sai arrived as he sat next to Kakashi.

"I filled the paperwork," he said as he sighed.

"Good work Sai," said Kakashi with an eye smile.

"Anything for Naruto and Shikamaru," he said with a small smile, except this was genuine. They both had helped him regain his emotions and develop his social skills. Shikamaru more as Naruto had been out of the village for most of the part and also Shikamaru had introduced him to his team.

"Thanks, Sai. I will go take a walk," said Shikamaru as he stood up and looked towards Baki.

"As long as you don't go inside any classified location, it will be fine," said Baki.

"Shikamaru, please look for clues," said Naruto as he took out the bingo book and his journal where he wrote every piece of information.

"Yeah. I'll look if there's anything left of them," said Shikamaru.

"Let me accompany you Shikamaru," said Temari as she walked outside.

The next moment a frog came into existence.