𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18

"Cause you are

   You are

The reason why I'm still..

hanging on"

Natasha's POV

"Hey thanks Evan for doing that. I'll really appreciate it" I ended the call after letting Evan know I won't come for work more than a week now, because Em is still not on a normal condition.

"Are you okay?" I heard a low voice as I turned to look at him. "Yes, I am.. " I sighed while walking down the corridors.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" He asks stopping me to go any further gripping my forearm. I turned to him.

I scoffed and spoke. "I mean, how may I suppose to be okay? My best friend is still not stable.. How much long should I wait for her to be okay? She is fighting a war within herself inside that room which no one even knows, how may I supposed to.. " My hands shivered as I bring them upto my face to cover my face from getting teary.

I was seriously starting to lose hope, and why wouldn't I? The one who gave me hopes was in there fighting her life.

I try not blame myself for coming there to save her on that day but... I can't help as I did..

"Oh shush... I'm sorry" Grey said engulfed me in a hug. I was shocked at the beginning of his action, but what could go wrong..

I teared up into his shirt.

He caressed my back. "I know it's hard, not only for you but for her as well. But you both will fight for each other.. " He said reassuring me as I stopped before pulling away from him.

"By the way.. If you're feeling alright, can i- I mean I wanted to have a talk" He spoke seeming a bit awkward.

I simply nod.

He made me sit on one of the benches outside in the lawn of the hospital. Since it's too upsetting being there inside the hospital, he brought me here.

"Yeah, so tell me.. " I stated and looked down at my fingers.

"So.. Just reply me honestly"

"Ya.. Anything?" I asked confused.

"The person who saved me... Wasn't you. Right?" I gulped at his question.

Should I actually tell him? Or would Ambrielled still be holding back?

I should as he told me to be honest

I sighed and spoke. "Yes.. "

"The day she picked up the call and came to save you instead of me, I wasn't even aware of anything, only when she later informed me about what had happened" I finished and he looked down a bit low.

"Shame.. I didn't even get to thank her" I hit his arm.

"Come on! You can one she wakes up, don't say nonsense" I scoffed.

"Yeah, but what was the reason to hide it?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because, the time you were critical and not stable so she insisted you not to mention that it her and not me" I said placing my warm hand on his nervous one.

He did after all needed it.

"Tell you what, she's a great friend. Don't ever lose her" He said looking straight into my eyes. I nodded looking into his blues.

+++

Dinner time passed as Grey did went home after giving me some company and later on Mrs Walker and Mr Walker did even pay visit.